Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 79 blazer i just put a 4 speed in and i have replaced the mounts im on my second set still acts like i have a bad mount ive checked every bolt ther are all tight motor move real bad when i shift especialy with atrailer behind me is ther a extra bracket om suppose t ad or something almost looks like the frame is giving

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
What mounts did you use? The original mounts allow it to flex a fair bit. Aftermarket (performance) mounts are made to get rid of that flex. For teh real heavy performance there are also "Solid" mounts.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
What mounts did you use? The original mounts allow it to flex a fair bit. Aftermarket (performance) mounts are made to get rid of that flex. For teh real heavy performance there are also "Solid" mounts.
Yes, the motor will move with factory mounts, and less with the poly mounts.

You just have to be careful with poly and solid mounts, you can break your trans case if the torsional forces get to much. That is why the factory mounts give. (and to reduce engine vibration transfer to the body)

I would have somebody rev the motor while you are watching the mounts to see if you can pinpoint exactly where the "give" is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i replaced all the mounts the engine mounts give a little but the frame also moves a little when i put a pry bar on it i can lift the engine about 1 -2 inches the passenger side exhaust manifold hits the firewall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts