Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Well I was thinking about selling this truck I have. its a `77 M884 military 1 1/4 ton. was a radio truck. now its kinda in need of some help. it runs and drives, but its a peice. its got 318/727/203 with 44/70 axles. its not a pretty truck but could be made solid with some work on the body. its a good project if someone wants to rebuild a tough old truck. by the way it may have as much as 1:4.56 AXLE GEARS I have no clue as I have not opened up an axle. I figure its worth a $1000 for the axles alone but this whole truck could be yours :poke: might even make a fancy Christmas gift for that special someone.

·
The Dodge Guy
5,572 Posts
the front axle is a hd dana 44 and the rear is a d60 probley with 4.10s. just thought u would like to know

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the front axle is a hd dana 44 and the rear is a d60 probley with 4.10s. just thought u would like to know
nice try, I have been under the truck. its a 60/70 combo. stay out of my thread unless your here to buy.

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What're all of the problems?
its a long list for a nice fixer upper. I will say the bodys shot and the trans cooler leaks at the lines. the rest is 30 year old Dodge... what more can you expect?

·
The Dodge Guy
5,572 Posts
nice try, I have been under the truck. its a 60/70 combo. stay out of my thread unless your here to buy.
i was interrested but iv never seen a d60 with no lock out.. im sure its a full time hd 44.. could u get me some pics of the front? if it is indeed a d60 im interrested.

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its a 60 front. I even dug the crud off and found the mark in the casting.

·
The Dodge Guy
5,572 Posts
got anymore pix?? are u firm on the price? u can keep the bed ;)

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep I don't need the money so the price is firm. the bed is welded on, way to strong to just tear off. its got better metal then the cab ...shame that it is. I'll see what other pics I have.

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as soon as I have time I will post more pics, right now I'm too tired to climb under it.

·
The Dodge Guy
5,572 Posts
as soon as I have time I will post more pics, right now I'm too tired to climb under it.
alright no hurry yetti, big thanks. i really need to come look at it and c what we can work out i need a rig here pretty quick.

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I just thought you'd like to know...I'm eatting crow for dinner. when I cleared away the crud I found the 44 in the number. all I saw before was the number 6, the whole casting number is in the pic

I would have lost a bet on that one.

so its confermed its a 44 front.

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
The Dodge Guy
5,572 Posts
its ok most people get all bent outta shape when someone trys tellin them what they got.. u still want 1000 for it?

·
14,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
given its not a 60 front I would have to say it comes down to best offer, but as close to a $1000 as I can get. I can part it out and make that.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts