Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'll Finsh One, One Day
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper way to hook up a kick down cable on a 700r4. I was told it was very important to get it set up right or it will fry the trans pretty fast. And what side of the carb linkage does it hook up on. Does it hook up on the top half like the throttle linkage or the lower half, below the pivet point.
:confused:

·
I'll Finsh One, One Day
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So do i need to drop the pan and watch that valve till its in the right spot or am i reading it wrong. Still not really sure of what im doing. :confused:
Any chance some one could do a write up on how to do it. That page has it some were but im not good at reading and filtering out all the things i dont need. Scored low on my placement test for school in that catagory(reading comprehension). Spelling wasnt on there:tonka:

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
Mine is on the driver's side of the TBI.

Its not a kick-down cable and you don't adjust it. You set its end of travel, therefore establishing its start point. When you start "adjusting" it, you fuck things up.

Its very simple. You release the clamp (hold it in), push it all the way in (or to the rear of the vehicle), let go of the clamp, and then rotate your throttle all the way to its limit, letting the TV cable ratchet or click its way out. Done.

Unless you suspect a problem inside the trans (like the spring is worn out), you don't need to do anything there.

The first link CC posted is the one that I used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts