Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale is a COMPLETE power-train with a COMPLETE wiring harness. The motor is the legendary 7.3 idi non turbo, it is a fully mechanical motor and runs great. The motor itself has around 200k miles which is nothing for these old diesels. They like to burn biofuel/motor oil/black diesel/etc very versatile and reliable motors. Parts are very cheap and they often achieve close to 20mpg. The transmission is an E4OD automatic 4speed that shifts great. I was told it has a recent rebuild but dont know any specifics. It goes into gear great and shifts smooth with no hangups. There is also a BorgWarner transfer case for 4 wheel operations. This drive train can go into either a 4 wheel or 2 wheel drive vehicle. I believe it is almost a direct drop in swap for V8 Ford truck between the years of 1983-1997

The wire harness is complete and everything is there from battery terminal ends to transmission wiring. Motor is currently in a parts truck that has some other good Ford parts if you are interested. The truck has been gutted but there are interior pieces, steering box, radiator might be good, brake parts, etc.

There is also a Dana 80 10 lug rear axle with disk brakes and 4.63 gears. Not ideal for a 4x4 but would work great in a 2x4 truck.

Asking $800 obo for the motor/trans/tcase +harness/etc or $800 for what is left of the whole truck+drivetrain. (no front axle) If you want just the drivetrain I can have it pulled and hanging from a cherry picked to back a truck right under.

Also have video of the truck running and driving if interested in seeing it.

I am also up for trades, looking for a 7.8L Ford diesel, International DT466, or Cummins 8.3 diesel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts