Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
2013 King of da Moustache
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
the finished cage ..minus paint

all cage work was done at and by UNLIMITEDOFFROADCENTERS of fenton.

THXS JUSTIN, JIM, AND ADAM!!!!!!!!!:beerbang:

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thxs Dave!

due to rust issues..this is a 40yr old scout... scramblerman72 and i are replacing new metal where the old was and doing a 2 tone silver/truck rubberize as a finished product.

as of 8-25-07 the bodies been taken care of rust wise for the most part and the cage is fully painted. some flat black was applied to the outside corners and lower panels that had primer to protect them till we resand it all and finish it up. the rocker gaurd tubeing will be welded in fully when complete as it hasnt been installed do to the body work.

the cage might see some aluminum skin on top and speaker pods behind the top of the b-pillar.
also a panel at the 2 speader bars for cb and lights.

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
as the body and cage is set. ill be pulling the motor to freshen it up and clean it up.

392 ih v8 install and a 4barrel intake and truck avenger carb.
clean up tranny and t-case.
move radiator support forward and get a bigger electric fan in there.
add power steering pump and swap a altenator in for the generator.
rewire using a painless 13 circuit product.
suspensions fully beening tore out and replaced w/ bds 3" yj springs and new hangers, revolvers front and boomarange rear shackles.
a ford 1 ton 2wd power steering box will be added and 1 ton cross-over steering.
waggy front 44 detroit locked 5.89s.
custom rear d60 semifloat welded 5.89s w/ disk brakes.
5 36" ss tsl's on 4 badland beadlocks w/ a steel spare.
my custom hidden winch has already been put in place by myself and jim.

should be sweet when fully done and driveable. pics to come around winter of the teardown and rebuild of the drivertain and axxle/suspension combo.

·
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
1,651 Posts
Nice. Looks good with the cage! You needed one!

·
DrivewayJeeper
10,957 Posts
Ryan, Justin was showing me the work you guys have done it yesterday. Its looking real good with the cage and bigger tires. :thumb:

·
PARTS SLINGER
1,091 Posts
I Saw Your Scout At Unlimited On Saturday. Looks Badass. I'm Currently Working On A 79 Scout Ii. I'm Planning On Linking Mine With 1ton Axles. Just Trying To Figure Out What Link Configuration To Go With. I Don't Want It To Be Scary As Hell Going Down The Highway. Keep Up The Good Work. Its Cool To See Something Different...................oh Yeah My B-law Was The Guy That Bought Your Wheels. Rock On..........................

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
What did you do with the stock axles and are they the 44's with 4.27 gears??? I 'm using them in my Willys and love them. Spares are nice to have around.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
what you want for them if I come get them. The duel front and read 44's with 4.27's are rair I was just hoping you had some. The rear shafts will fit and the front parts are handy .

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
spy pics we stayed up till 6 am last night to get it done

one day we will restore it right and take of the old paint and repaint it but for now she looks sweet

Still have to strip and paint the tailgate

our little helper

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
the hole in the side is the gas tank filler neck hole

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
wow the garage is empty now that ryan just left, He forgot to take something and I called him up and in teh back ground he had some oldies chick song playing, IF I PICK YOU UP AND HOLD YOU INTO THE NIGHT AND SHOW YOU A LOVE LIKE YOU NEVER KNEW OHHHHHH...when I said turn that gay song off he claimed it was playing and he never changed the station.. My money is he was broke out into song singing like in Tommy boy..:tonka: :tonka:

Paint 1 more s-10 and a snow sled An i can pull the jeep back in and get to work on it.

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAHAHA yes yes a virgin man song i can't help it!

washed the scout today HOW SWEET IT LOOKS!

THANKS DAVE!

·
Just The Spouse's spouse
1,885 Posts
Looking good, Ryan. Cant wait to see it finished.

·
Moonlight stomper
5,958 Posts
HAHAHA yes yes a virgin man song i can't help it!

washed the scout today HOW SWEET IT LOOKS!

THANKS DAVE!
I could just picture yoiu sing/ screaming out loud along with the song and pissed i was calling in the middle of your set:sonicjay::sonicjay:

·
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
started tear down w/ the cooling system. looks like the scout gonna be down for a 1yr. gonna try to do it slowy enough to get it rite.

engine needs pulled due to the oil on clutch leak so axles will be pulled shortly after for new spring mock up. pics this weekend.

[email protected]!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts