Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a EB44 front axle with EB coil bottom plates, EB coils, and 79 bronco buckets. The coils dont fit right. They are off by 90 degrees no matter what way they are mounted.

Can i just swap in 78-79 Bronco coil bottom plates and be all set? Something isnt right here. I hope i can stick with the coils i got. What needs to be swapped out?

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IF 66-79 buckets are the same (not the heights just the mounting) then that means the bottom plates are the wrong ones. Ideas from another board..going to Bronco Graveyard today to compare the differences.

·
Boones Farmer
422 Posts
can you post up some pics? i got 78 coil cups and springs for my sas to compare to I dont think the buckets should matter. I know lots of people who run 78/79 coils in 88 and up buckets.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you post up some pics? i got 78 coil cups and springs for my sas to compare to I dont think the buckets should matter. I know lots of people who run 78/79 coils in 88 and up buckets.
ill go snap a pic of the coil cups and then you tell me if they are different than yours. BRB

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

the dark spot (glob) is the dip where the end of the coil winding sits, kinda hard to tell in the pic.

·
Boones Farmer
422 Posts
those look like my 78 cups cept mine arnt missing that notch on the side and the have a retainer clip much like the top bucket does. lets see the coils?

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
I am fairly certain that the EB springs are 4.5" diameter springs ( same as RBV ), and 78and up run 5" diameter springs. I am not sure about the mounting position but it wouldn't surprise me if they were different as well. You should be fine if you run the pads and buckets from a full size truck to match the springs you are trying to use.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those look like my 78 cups cept mine arnt missing that notch on the side and the have a retainer clip much like the top bucket does. lets see the coils?
on yours are the 2 holes in line with the dip like how mine are? Yup brb pics of coils.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am fairly certain that the EB springs are 4.5" diameter springs ( same as RBV ), and 78and up run 5" diameter springs. I am not sure about the mounting position but it wouldn't surprise me if they were different as well. You should be fine if you run the pads and buckets from a full size truck to match the springs you are trying to use.
The diameter of my EB springs are the same as 78 and up, RBV are smaller. I still think i got the wrong pads but who knows yet.

·
Boones Farmer
422 Posts
i have the to holes like that but no dip i have a retainer clip on the bottom. my trucks at the offroad clubs house here at NMU and my roommate "coolgareray" just deleted all the pics for my write up

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damnit Gary! I know him he used to live down here and had a few classes with him. But anyways here's a few pics of the EB 5.5" coils Deaver Superflex:

Bottom of coil:

Top of coil:

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
since the coil buckets are the same lets cancel that out. Its down the coil cups or the coils. Can someone tell me if my coils are just like 78+?

·
Boones Farmer
422 Posts
ya those should def work for you if you got 78/79 buckets. i think you got the wrong cups. where did you get them from? I like the deavers ive herd good reviews on them from fullsizebronco. Im gona pic me up a set in may after my sas.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya those should def work for you if you got 78/79 buckets. i think you got the wrong cups. where did you get them from? I like the deavers ive herd good reviews on them from fullsizebronco. Im gona pic me up a set in may after my sas.

cool thats what i needed to know, thanks! They seem to fit in the buckets perfectly. The coils came from Bronco Graveyard in Brighton they are $140 and i can tell they are really flexy just by bending them by hand.

·
Boones Farmer
422 Posts
oh im rockin the graveyard full windsheild decal. I think i droped about 3g there after I rolled my bronco 4 times. fuck i was in brighton to pic up a 9" and a hpd44 3 weeks ago and didn't even think to stop in there. ill get some pics of my coil setup as soon as i get my aussi locker in da mail. so what you putten the 44 on anyway?

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh im rockin the graveyard full windsheild decal. I think i droped about 3g there after I rolled my bronco 4 times. fuck i was in brighton to pic up a 9" and a hpd44 3 weeks ago and didn't even think to stop in there. ill get some pics of my coil setup as soon as i get my aussi locker in da mail. so what you putten the 44 on anyway?
sweet. Its going into a Ranger in the rig builds, its FUGLY right now but in the works..

·
Psalm 40:2
3,303 Posts
coils should work from all EB's up to the 79 full size bronco's, 80-96 have a different bucket, so early ones won't work. alot of places sell EB coils for 78/79 bronco's, just loose about 1.5-2" of lift on the 78/79's.

·
Banned
3,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well none of my parts were the problem. Apprently with lift coils they aren't gonna sit in the lower cups like a stock coil would. I went to the graveyard and talked with them, glad to get it straightened out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts