Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I figured picture were pretty self explanatory. The Econoline chassis was 177" I cut it down to around 118". The engine runs, I've got a C6 and NP205 waiting to go on, I need to make brackets for them. The truck is clearly rusty so I'm replacing what I HAVE to nothing more because I like the paint.
I put a POS 3" body lift on it because I thought I'd have clearance issues but I don't. 2" are coming back out of it because it's sitting higher then I want it to and I hate body lifts.
This project is only a couple weeks old. If anyone wants a Willys frame or any Econoline parts let me know asap

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Out with the original willys chassis and onto the econoline chassis .
This is what she looks like right now, I'll be getting back to it Wednesday. I still need to pin down a front axle, that's the last big piece I'm still missing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pulled 2" off of it today. It's not a huge difference but I don't want it to be a mile in the air before I lift it either. It's already sitting 83" tall and as a reference my dodge in the above picture is at 84" with a 6" lift and 35s

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have time to explain more in depth now. What I'm working with is a 89 Econoline it's got a Dana 70 rear axle with a 460. It only had 34k miles on it (look at how clean that chassis is) and I picked it up from a junk yard right down the street from me. A couple weeks prior to that I bought the 52 Willys. I uploaded pictures backwards of how the progress has been coming. I owe a huge thanks to my buddy Curtis (in the Econoline at the junk yard giving a thumbs up). We've been all over hell the past couple weeks gathering parts for th is build.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4 wd I haven't come across a D60 that fits the budget yet. I've got plenty of work to do before I'm worried about it

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well a D60 found me for a great deal but I had to pass, SOMEONE BUY MY CUMMINS!!!

I started fabbing my transmission bracket yesterday and finished it up today.

I plan on pulling the cab off if I need to get at the trans or transfer case when it's done. Don't mind the solid POS transfer case mount, that's not going to stay that way. I just tossed whatever bolts I had laying around in everything to hold it together for now. I'll get the right sizes and grade 8s later.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts