Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i paint and we buy our paint in 5 gallon buckets. on a good day ill burn threw 10-15 of them. anyway i use them for everything. they just pitch them. i was wondering if i took them home , let the paint dry, peel it out. could i sell them for like 1.50 - 2.00 each? just to make it worth my while to do it? i know menards sell them for like 5.00. just a thought. i have a hard time throwing them away. and everyone at work asks for them. let me know what u guys think. it would be cool to be able to fund a lunch or case for our crew every once and a while.

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
we usually sell the buckets that our chain comes in for like 3 bucks at my fam's hardware store.

·
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
8,054 Posts
the chain buckets are square

·
Adrenaline my drug choice
1,045 Posts
[QUOTE= i was wondering if i took them home , let the paint dry, peel it out.

wash them when they are wet, paint comes right out

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
They make good mouse traps !! half full of water an board from ground to the top and some penutt butter just over the rim.

·
Registered
247 Posts
not to heist your thread, but if you sell more than you can provide, pm me. We use many 5 gal buckets of ink everyday in the corrugated business.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not to heist your thread, but if you sell more than you can provide, pm me. We use many 5 gal buckets of ink everyday in the corrugated business.

will do. i havent even brought any home was hust thinking about it at lunch and set aside all the ones from today.

·
Registered
388 Posts
recycle them. a lot of them are made of virgin hdpe. that is a pretty popular polymer to regrind.

If you save them up for a month at a time, then drop them off at a regrinder. You'll get about fifteen cents per pound. If I had my own shredder/grinder, I'd buy every single one of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts