Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.3L motor and wiring harness out of a 2002 silverado that I had put in my 1994 wrangler, but found that the motor had a lowered knock and had to purchase another motor for finish the conversion. The buddy i purchased the motor from does not want to refund the money so now I am looking to sell it off to try and get some of my money back. I don't have pic yet but will this week. It is complete fromt intake to pan includng harness and manifolds. It ran well but a lower end knock from what I could tell. Make me an offer for complete engine may consider seperating parts. call me on my cell if have any questions (989)529-3366

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is complete from intake to pan and harness, but it does have a lower end knock. no alternator,starter,or powersteering pump. do have the bracket for steering pump and alternator which is brand new.

·
welfare wheeler
6,989 Posts
alot of the early 4.8 5.3 6.0l v8's had a piston slap problem. i think there was a tsb at one time. this could be your issue. if cought early it really wont do any damage. i think the fix was longer piston skirts with a coating. this would be a "fairly cheap" fix.

or this motor might have other issues? just a thought.

·
Because racecar
4,041 Posts
alot of the early 4.8 5.3 6.0l v8's had a piston slap problem. i think there was a tsb at one time. this could be your issue. if cought early it really wont do any damage. i think the fix was longer piston skirts with a coating. this would be a "fairly cheap" fix.

or this motor might have other issues? just a thought.
x2 My Yukon XL has 250K on it and has that piston slap, its had it since day one :sonicjay: . If that is the problem, you can run it as is.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i work at a chevrolet dealership and know about the piston slap this is definitely lower end noise. just wondering if anyone wants this to rebuild or for the heads, intake, wiring harness etc.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,621 Posts
I might be interested if I could find the tranny and cpu needed???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts