Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
31,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Yes they are remote resis. You can see them in a couple of the 3 pics posted in post #154. RE the FOA's I'm sorta MEH with them. I know they are low grade CO's but since I'm set up for crawling, I don't have an issue with them. Note that I'm 16" shocks and I only have 3.5-4" of up travel at ride height so hitting a bump at any speed doesn't have much shock to absorb impacts. I can say that they ride better at the dunes than my 12" air shocks did on my YJ, but I don't know that's anything to brag about.

One thing I noticed when I was at the dunes was that if I caught air with the front going over a steep peak, that it absorbed the impact WAAAAYYYYY better than my YJ did. I've wondered how it would do if I changed spring rates and set it at middle stroke for ride height. But then it would look like a mud bogger and have pretty severe driveshaft angles.

·
I'm not old, honest...
31,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
My wife wanted me to keep it. After having the buggy for 4-5 months I decided to go ahead and sell it.
It was sold to a guy in Alabama. A guy here in MI wanted it but was a week too late.
Then the guy in AL quit his job vs getting the jab so he put it up for sale.
It's now back here in MI.

·
Got rocks?
4,017 Posts
My wife wanted me to keep it. After having the buggy for 4-5 months I decided to go ahead and sell it.
It was sold to a guy in Alabama. A guy here in MI wanted it but was a week too late.
Then the guy in AL quit his job vs getting the jab so he put it up for sale.
It's now back here in MI.
To the same guy in MI that wanted it or someone else?

161 - 173 of 173 Posts