Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

Are we there yet?
Jim - this is a sweet looking buggy! Looks like you have had lots of fun with it already and will be looking forward to all the adventures you have with it.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
A couple pics of the cutting brake & the in cab winch control can be seen.

I was browsing some old issues of Crawl Magazine. This is on the back cover Yukon ad. (Mine is the one in the middle. Lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gustafson
Nice! Love those wheels!

That is awesome that your rig was featured in the Yukon add!

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #45
Nice! Love those wheels!

That is awesome that your rig was featured in the Yukon add!
It's been in Crawl twice. Once as a feature vehicle in 2017 and in this fall's issue from the Rubicon. And then the add too.
Kinda funny, I saw the ad and said "that kinda looks like mine - wait - it is!" LOL

Wheel pics were duplicate from page 1 so I edited the above post.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #47
Can you still run an external winch control with the 12v guy in-cab switch?

Yes. I also have an in-grill switch for spooling or an outsider to operate the winch. It all goes to the same relay.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #51
So it's the Warn contactor / solid-state relay?

In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
What does the fuel system look like? as in, does it use an internal pump or does it have a sump that feeds an external pump? Trying to figure out how I would like to run my fuel system.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #55
What does the fuel system look like? as in, does it use an internal pump or does it have a sump that feeds an external pump? Trying to figure out how I would like to run my fuel system.
It has gravity feed to an external pump and regulator. Honestly, I figure that some day I will put my pump internal to the tank. I struggled with pumps on my YJ till I put it internal.

In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
It has gravity feed to an external pump and regulator. Honestly, I figure that some day I will put my pump internal to the tank. I struggled with pumps on my YJ till I put it internal.
Did you add any sort of baffles inside the tank when you had the YJ? I thought about cutting open the RCI cell and adding some baffles and also building a sump the pump sits in.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #57
Did you add any sort of baffles inside the tank when you had the YJ? I thought about cutting open the RCI cell and adding some baffles and also building a sump the pump sits in.
No I never did. My pump was mounted vertical with a horizontal sock on the bottom. I think it was the OEM YJ sock that we modded. I rarely started the day without a full tank of fuel so I never ran into the problem of being off camber with it sucking air.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #58
Trans is ready to go back in. Thanks @Tom.

The 203/205 combo weighs about 180 lbs and is difficult to manage on the trans jack so I spent a couple hours cobbling some scrap metal together for a fixture. It ain鈥檛 pretty but it is stable.

I'm not old, honest...
Discussion Starter #60
Jim this thing is begging for an Atlas. That TC is massive!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Got an extra $3k to send my way? :)

But yes, you are right. It would definitely save some weight. I want to wheel it for a season to see what I think of the doubler and ratios.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts