Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided earlier Last summer to take the second of the race season off and build a new race wagon and ditch the xj we had been running in various race series

I purchased a chassis from Miller Motorsports in Maryland. It's the first chassis from there new line of productions chassis based off Erik Millers race car.

We took delivery of the chassis mid summer but I only had a small 2 car garage at my house at that time. The decision was made to put he chassis in storage and build a new pole barn at my home prior to building he car.

STAND BY HAVING ISSUES UPLOADING PICTURES

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here are some pictures of the barn build along with some tourist pictures from the SEMA show in las vegas. ( If you are into motorsports and haven't been it was a awesome time.)

I did all of the work on the barn on my own while still working full time with the help of my wife, family and some great friends. We started the Barn in Late august.

The barn is 32x40x12 along with a 16x16 covered porch. I ended up finishing the inside of the barn with the same metal used on the exterior. I ran all the electrical in exposed conduit so it can easily be changed if needed.

Sema show fun

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had fiddled around here and there with some parts but really didnt get a start on the new build until after our trip to sema and some work obligations.

most of these photos were taking mid to late november to give you a Idea on how quickly we ended up getting the car assembled.

Part of my agreement with Miller Motorsports was that they would send me a the CAD files for the chassis, this was a huge help as Alumcj ( Mike Colville) was gracious enough to allow me to goto his shop and bring all of his tooling over to my place ( CNC plasma table, Metal Lathe, Sheet metal break and sheer, tubing bender, and other odds and ends) while he is in china for work. I was able to basically hit print on the cnc table and duplicate all of the suspension components from the new production chassis's they are selling and just weld it in.

The first few weeks also involved re purposing as many parts as we could salvage from our old race car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting the dash put together

Raceline wheels was kind enough to support our race team this year along with Branik Motorsports( machine work, custom wheel bearings, and axle shafts)

First time putting tires on the car early January

More sponsor plugs. Yukon gear and axle provided us with u joints and 9" third members for the build.

PAC racing springs provided our complete suspension package from 3"-14 fox coil overs up front and 3"-14" internal bypass shocks in the rear, springs and there 34 spline sway bars.

·
Visiting Admin
9,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought the barn from Kerton Lumber in Holly. They were almost dead on with the "kits" from Menard's. They are much easier to deal with and I would highly recommend them.

I dropped a sketch off and they gave me a complete quote along with a very nice set of prints.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts