Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a single 40" tire for 17" wheel. A set is fine as well. Just need for mock up, don't want to spend huge money on them. I'll be buying 40" treps once the truck is built, but i need a tire to build it...tia

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want stickies. I can't swing new, but even if i could there would be a long wait.
Been watching a whole bunch of used offroad parts classifieds. Every set i find are either half used and worth their weight in gold to the owner, or too far away to do anything about... once my truck is built i will just run my 37" treps for the time being. They are bias, and under my 6k lbs truck they work fine.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,762 Posts
Sticky Treps work decent. Reds work better. The reason any sticky holds its value is because tread depth doesn't matter on the rocks. Here in the midwest we are more concerned about tread depth because we need it for mud and dirt.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I have a 40” sticky trep with 95% tread with a gash in the side wall. It’s not repairable but you could throw a tube in for mock-up. It’s yours if you want it. Pickup in Holland

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 40” sticky trep with 95% tread with a gash in the side wall. It’s not repairable but you could throw a tube in for mock-up. It’s yours if you want it. Pickup in Holland
Damn, so far from my place. 3 hour drive one way. Any chance you are going toward Detroit, or even toward the north part of the lp?
I travel a lot for work, but nothing is taking me your direction very soon.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
My son goes to UofM but won’t be home until early March. I get down to the Paw Paw area somewhat regularly. Next trip is Jan 15

1 - 8 of 8 Posts