Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in my auto tech class right now and my teacher wants me to fix this car and he has no idea whats wrong with it.
The 4 way flashers are always on even with the button off. Anyone know what could be wrong? Fuse? Relay?

·
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
1,908 Posts
remove the flasher, could be stuck on.

cycle the switch on off several times, could be stuck switch

·
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
1,908 Posts
Always on fuse is good, power through the fuse. There's either a short, power or something stuck.

If they didn't light, the fuse might be blown.

What kind of POS you working on might help? if a vehicles known for wearing out the turn signal mechanicals in the steering column?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I forgot to tell you what kind of car it is. It is a 2002 saab se. Its not for having turn signals not working but this car has the opposite problem.
My teacher might think that its the alarm system that was triggered somehow. Would that cause this cars signals to flash?

·
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
1,908 Posts
Sounds like the alarm is going off without a siren or alarm/horn hooked up, DOH!:thumb::sonicjay:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill see if I can hook it up tomorrow. But wouldn't there be a trouble code if the alarm was going off? Because it doesn't show any codes on the scan tool. If it is the alarm any idea on how to fix it?

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Ill see if I can hook it up tomorrow. But wouldn't there be a trouble code if the alarm was going off? Because it doesn't show any codes on the scan tool. If it is the alarm any idea on how to fix it?
no. Did you try the other stuff said here or no? that would help us if anything we said did anything or what the changes were?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I would also suspect the switch assembly....it wouldnt be the flasher itself, because even if it were stuck "on", the switch would seperate it from the lights...if it were a security system fault, would the car also not start/drive?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I went into class today and the teacher(not my auto tech teacher but the owner of the car) said she was taking it to a dealership because we didn't know what the problem was. But I guess she likes to spend money. I still want to know what the real problem was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.