Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**UPDATE from Friends Of The Rubicon** On August 24th at 3:30 p.m. Judge Karlton in Federal District Court in San Francisco signed an extension request to extend the comment period for the DEIS on the Eldorado National Forest. The comment period will now close on October 19th 2007. Also included in the order is an extension of the time the forest has to complete the EIS to April 2nd 2008.

So I again ask... spead the word to local clubs, moms, dad's, aunts & uncles; to motorcycle and ATV clubs, full size 4x4's and sled clubs alike. All forms of off highway recreation is impacted by these closures. This petition is NOT just about the Eldorado Nat'l Forest Trails. Offroader's of all types need to have one voice in saying that we will not go quietly into the night, and let our public lands be taken away. DON'T allow certain groups to set a precedent for future trail closures!

So PLEASE go to preserveourtrails.com and sign the petetition...THEN look in your email and click the link to send an automated letter to Mr. Ramiro Villalvazo (Eldorado Nat'l Forest Supervisor) and tell him that you want these trails left open for you to enjoy, and for your children to enjoy.

endorsing organizations:

and hopefully

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
Just saw it.

Submitted.

Signature # 294

Good looking out Nick.

We'll be addressing the same issue when our map comes out in spring of '09. Unfortunately the majority of our 'roads' don't appear on any maps, so we have to gather the data ourselves. This is the reason for the creation of the KOTARO Teams locally.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Sent.

Sig # 346

Thanks for posting this, Nick
:thumb:

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya bumped it after only 48 minutes & 13 views. Give it a few hours.:thumb:

Just cuz no one posted doesn't mean they didn't sign the petition.:miff:
Yea, I realized I dorked that up after I posted it. Three major events (kid almost struck by lightening, discovery of ball ammunition on a blankfire range, and heat casualty) happened all at the same time and after dealing with that stuff I felt like it had been hours!!!

I apologize for my netiquette but thank you for looking into the post.

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone who signed and sent in the letter! I only heard about this today, but wish I had discovered it a month ago!

·
Pres MI Dodgetruckworld
1,908 Posts
#421 signed and letter sent!

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just saw it.

Submitted.

Signature # 294

Good looking out Nick.

We'll be addressing the same issue when our map comes out in spring of '09. Unfortunately the majority of our 'roads' don't appear on any maps, so we have to gather the data ourselves. This is the reason for the creation of the KOTARO Teams locally.
be sure to bring closures you want stopped to the forefront and I'll post up on the MJR board. A lot of those people are dislocated from Michigan believe it or not. We'll certainly help any way we can.

·
Member since 1994
3,167 Posts
A lot of those people are dislocated from Michigan believe it or not.

Speaking of which . . .

You should talk to Todd Ockert, Director of Environmental Affairs for United FWDA.

1) He can help you get the word out about this.

2) He's X-military from MI - now residing in CA :)poke: ). I think he belongs to many of the same organizations you do.

·
I only wheel a boat.
17,272 Posts
531:woot:

·
Livin in Cal-tuckey
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wooo Hooo!!!:woot:

My goal was to see the signatures at least double from the signature I put on there. And it looks like it's almost there!! :rock:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts