Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start this off with the last 4 experiences we had with Realtors were less than ideal. So when it came time to list the Little house we decided to do it our self. We Snapped a few pitchers put together a little right up and posted it on Zillow. I have had a flood of Realtors contacting me wanting to list it for me but no buyers In the last few days a few Shit shacks in my area have switched from listed to Pending despite higher asking prices. It looks like the Realtors have Blacklisted us despite stating in our listing that we would work with a buyers agent. So I guess my question is do I Wait it out as we are only 3 weeks away from xmas or bite my cheek and be willing to pay 6% of $175,000 to have someone do some minor paper work for us. I am not in a huge hurry to sell it but getting my cash out of it will allow me to start my garage, barn, and siding at the farm this spring. Thoughts ??????

·
Registered
713 Posts
Realtors can suck a cock imo... they take 6% for doing nearly nothing. You still have to do most of the leg work, keep paying on it, upkeep and whatever else is necessary. Unfortunately you likely have to play their game though....

·
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
10,938 Posts
When I sold my last house in 2018 I had a realtor that was practically worthless, had the listing screwed up multiple times, thus loosing potential buyers. But I did get emails showing all the hits on line my house was getting, and 90% of those hits were on Zillow. The person that bought my house found it on Zillow then contacted their realtor to come see it. Our realtor did pretty much nothing, I watched 2 $9500 checks across the closing table to both realtors and that really burned my ass. Never again will I use a realtor unless absolutely have to.

·
Red Dragons!
1,964 Posts
For us, looking for our last house, I was staying away from FSBO houses. Some people are a hassle to deal with. We used an agent to buy and sell. Accepted an offer three days after listing for over asking price. Could I have done that without an agent? Maybe, but it sure made life easier.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,395 Posts
I use my realtor for everything. But, my situation is different, he has made me a lot more money than he has cost me.

Good luck with your sale, it looks great. Are you advertising on the stupid facebook? Lots of traffic there. Way to many tire kickers, but there are buyers also. Great networking tool.

·
Gustafson
9,084 Posts
For us, looking for our last house, I was staying away from FSBO houses. Some people are a hassle to deal with. We used an agent to buy and sell. Accepted an offer three days after listing for over asking price. Could I have done that without an agent? Maybe, but it sure made life easier.
X2

My agent was awesome and she made our lives so much easier. I guess it all comes down to knowing someone and trusting them.

·
Am i still a Noob?
576 Posts
Did you specifically list that you would pay a commission to the buyers agent?

If not, you will NOT get any bites from someone using a realtor. They're realtor could care less if you have a realtor as long as there is commission available.

Edit: you might also want to express your availability, alot of realtors have problems without a listing agent because the owners are never available to show the house.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
GOOD real estate agents are worth the price. Unfortunately every two weeks they spit out a bazillion more idiots that were selling mixers at Wal-Mart 3 weks ago and are now suddenly real estate experts. I have my broker's license and have sold about $1.2M in real estate at auction this year. Selling yourself sounds great, but you really don't know the behind the scenes work that is involved in keeping some of these deals intact and getting them closed. 6% sounds like a lot, until the buyer's agent takes half, their broker takes half of that half, and they still have to pay their expenses out of their half of a half. So that 6% looks an awful lot like 1 to 1.5% by the time is all said and done. On a $200,000 house, they may walk away with about $2,000 after everyone takes their cut and they pay their expenses. Oh, and there goes another 50% for taxes, licenses, etc...

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Something to consider,.
I paid the realtor commission out of pocket on my current house purchase. This removed $28K from the SEV that was recorded.
Now, if the friggin realtor commission were to be removed from EVERY transaction,....what would that do to the taxes paid?
7% of every sale (or whatever % ) compounds the housing market prices and the property tax that follows....FOREVER.
Yes , I know that not everyone can afford to pay the realtor in cash...…….but think about the reality....taxes are forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts