Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the correct forum thread to be putting this in...anyways. My brother and I are currently working to start up our own auto repair and customs shop. Trying to do as much research about anything and everything as I can. I'm curious as to what thickness of material you guys (and gals) would suggest for lower link mounts in a 4 link setup. Looking more at pre-runner/desert racing than rock crawling. They would be tig welded plate with dimple died holes for strength, rod ends on both side, and through holes to attach coil overs to the lower link vs the axle. Just curious what everyones opinion and expertise is. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
If you don't already have a solid answer to your own question I would suggest you strongly should rethink your thoughts on opening a shop.... If you are very serious about this look to " kodiak450r" for any questions you have in your business venture.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, its nothing set in stone, just in the planning stages. I'm going to school for automotive business management, and that is my end goal one day. My question still stands on the link material...

·
expert jeep disassembler
8,005 Posts
If you don't already have a solid answer to your own question I would suggest you strongly should rethink your thoughts on opening a shop.... If you are very serious about this look to " kodiak450r" for any questions you have in your business venture.....
X2

I would not let somebody with your knowledge link my vehicle. If you want to start that type of business you should hire someone who knows suspension.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't know what my knowledge consists of thank you very much. All i wanted was opinions on link material. A business venture is a completely different subject.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
I answered your question...... Contact kodiak450r

Anyone guy that is very smart with cars and stuff is hancho.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts