Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's time to get rid of my old engine. It's the original 4.0 from my 1998 Wrangler TJ. It's got high miles (231k) but ran and drove when it was removed about 8 months ago and had good oil pressure. BUT it did not run perfect. It was underpowered and showed very low compression on cylinder 1. The coolant was a little milky when I pulled it so I suspect it's a head gasket issue. It's the perfect candidate for a rebuild or just throw a new head gasket on and hope for the best.

Price drop: $75

Also have a 2000 TJ shortblock with damaged #6 cylinder. Perfect candidate for late model TJ or WJ stroker build with overbore. Come get it for $40.

I can't think of any specific trades I'd be looking for but I'm open to offers.

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Will trade for a utility trailer....preferably road worthy but not absolutely necessary.

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump. All prices are negotiable, I want this stuff out of my garage

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Throw in a case of Bud Light and you've got a deal. That's less than I was hoping for but I want it out of my way.

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump. Get these outta my garage!! @butcyh cassidy do you still want them? Haven't seen a response to my PM and unfortunately it won't let me tag you in this post.

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump, someone come get these out of my garage!

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything is still available

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be headed to the Saginaw area on Saturday Oct 10 and could bring these along if anybody up that way wants them.

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Open to reasonable offers

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fowlerville, 30min east of Lansing

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All still available, make offers.

·
Destroyer of XJ's
218 Posts
I have a friend who is looking into doing a stroker. His current motor isn't doing well. I gavE him the link so he can get I touch with you.

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still have everything as of now. One guy said he wants it so he gets first dibs, but if he backs out they're all available

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All still here. I've had lots of interest but nobody who actually followed through on buying anything

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stroker parts are sold, complete 4.0 is still for sale. I also have a newer (2000+) 4.0 short block that'd be a good stroker build candidate for a WJ or newer TJ/LJ. Needs overbore but is usable. They're both unneeded and in my way. Make offers! I'll sell them cheap

·
Yooper In Training
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still have both core engines sitting here.

Complete 231k mile 1998 TJ 4.0L with low compression on cylinder 1, may just need headgasket. Come get it for $75.

2000 TJ shortblock with damaged #6 cylinder. Perfect candidate for late model TJ or WJ stroker build with overbore. Come get it for $40.

Open to trades

1 - 20 of 21 Posts