Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

· The Warped One
623 Posts
My rig is set up to run almost any tire, but I am running 35s. Yes I can run larger tires, but I find the balance of lower COG on 35s is better for varying conditions. I wheel all over the country si a balanced approach works best. When my 35s wear out I will probably stay on 35s. I have run 31s, 33s and 35s on this rig and it will do most things with enough finesse.

· I work out
2,703 Posts

· Registered
Ford Raptor10
6 Posts
For off-road performance, we prefer to stick to the rule of thumb of running a wheel diameter no bigger than half the tire height. That typically means 15 or 16-inch wheels for 33s and 17-inch wheels for 35s or so. And up to tires around 40 inches, stick on and pound on weights can be very effective, if they are put on properly, which makes them an ideal solution for 37 inch tires, Thank You!!

· Hang all the thieves
1,871 Posts
For off-road performance, we prefer to stick to the rule of thumb of running a wheel diameter no bigger than half the tire height. That typically means 15 or 16-inch wheels for 33s and 17-inch wheels for 35s or so. And up to tires around 40 inches, stick on and pound on weights can be very effective, if they are put on properly, which makes them an ideal solution for 37 inch tires, Thank You!!

No, thank you for bumping an eight year old thread.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.