Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
offensive 2 the sensitive
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I appreciate the advice from the people that where mature enough to give it.

·
numero douce undela
2,543 Posts
good luck finding decent work in the area with out a degree or a ton of machining, machine building, welding, industrial building experience.

·
missmrgreenagain
21,341 Posts
Mml.org and check in the classified all .gov jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Pick something a learn it on the side then enter the job market. Get some IT certifications or certifications in whatever you want.

You're not going to get handed a good job just because you are interested in anything.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,044 Posts
You have a record, should be able to get a government job pretty easy.

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good luck finding decent work in the area with out a degree or a ton of machining, machine building, welding, industrial building experience.
This is what I have been hearing. I have an offer in a decent sized machine shop now. Just wasn't sure how that field was. I can learn quick but how often do people actually move up the ladder? Can't survive on $12-$13 a hour. So ill work my ass of to move up quick.

Mml.org and check in the classified all .gov jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Scott. I'll check that out!

Pick something a learn it on the side then enter the job market. Get some IT certifications or certifications in whatever you want.

You're not going to get handed a good job just because you are interested in anything.
I know, I don't expect it handed to me. I will look into the certifications. Thanks!

You have a record, should be able to get a government job pretty easy.
Thanks for the input.

·
His & Hers
10 Posts
The railroads are experiencing a boom right now. Hiring non-stop without an education. As long as you are will to be trained. Don't know what area you are in but the railroads are everywhere. As long as you don't mind working log, crazy hours. Check out nscorp.com for starters. I could most definitely help if you have a set of tube doors for an XJ or YJ (heh)

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The railroads are experiencing a boom right now. Hiring non-stop without an education. As long as you are will to be trained. Don't know what area you are in but the railroads are everywhere. As long as you don't mind working log, crazy hours. Check out nscorp.com for starters. I could most definitely help if you have a set of tube doors for an XJ or YJ (heh)
Haha ill check them out. Don't mind the long hours as long as it supports my family. Sorry no Jeep Doors :(

·
TOSIAR
153 Posts
This is what I have been hearing. I have an offer in a decent sized machine shop now. Just wasn't sure how that field was. I can learn quick but how often do people actually move up the ladder? Can't survive on $12-$13 a hour. So ill work my ass of to move up quick.

Good news is most machine shops will let you work as many hours as you want, depending on if it's a union shop or not and any company policies on O.T. going to senior employees, ask during an interview. As far as moving up the food chain again during the interview process ask about the average age and seniority of the current employees. That'll give you a good idea of how they are to work for. The better the employer is to work for the longer people will stay there. However some times if there are a lot of guys who've been there a long time it may be a slow process waiting for them to retire or die off to open up an upper level position. Good luck to ya.

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
FORMER BULLET CATCHER
10,279 Posts
Join the Marines.... Oh wait.

·
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Join the Marines.... Oh wait.
:sonicjay::sonicjay:
I'm glad the hard times in my life can be a joke you guys! Guess I could be like every other American and go on welfare to feed my kids and state funded health care.. But I'd rather put up with your childish shit on here in hopes of finding a job to feed my family and keep them off welfare.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts