Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Big Block Ranger
2,698 Posts
Might as well go with the 350, you won't really save much for gas mileage with the 302, and you'll love the extra HP from the 350.

·
Covered in mud...
17,915 Posts
ANY details on the engines? Carbed or FI? What did they come from? Stock?

For example, a mustang MPFI 302 makes more HP than a TBI 350.

302 fits in the engine bay a little better, better aftermarket for the 350. Better transmissions, IMO, too.

·
GLFWDA member
2,674 Posts
ANY details on the engines? Carbed or FI? What did they come from? Stock?

For example, a mustang MPFI 302 makes more HP than a TBI 350.

302 fits in the engine bay a little better, better aftermarket for the 350. Better transmissions, IMO, too.
x2, need more details

also, is the motor in your yj toast or something? if your current motor isnt giving you trouble i'd just leave it, and spend the money for the motor swap on gears, lockers, etc. but thats just me

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill have to get some more details when i talk to him tomorrow...i do know that the one is a Chevy 350 "marine" engine not to sure about the 302.

nothing to much wrong with the I6 that's in it, just not happy with it. i just want to be able to pull my pop-up and daily drive it without it feeling like its doggin out.( doesnt seem to do to good on the E-way)

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
302 r ok 350 r alot more common for parts
I wouldn't base a decision on this. Both are really good choices. I had a TBI 350 in my CJ and we are using a 302 in our early bronco. Both are readily available for parts as they have been used in vehicles for some 40 years with only minor modifications over the years.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.