Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
just floor it!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a set of stock leaf packs for my XJ and befor i put them in i wanted to do a 3-3.5 inch lift, i know what i will do for the front but im not sure how to build my rear packs? :confused: I know i should get dakota or s-10 leafs, but how many, what length, and where to put the leafs at in my new hybrid lift pack, is the main question. Any input on past attemps and any victories would be very helpfull. Thanks in advance.:beerbang:

·
just floor it!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok found out what i will try first but one question, in all of my 4 wheelin exp. i have never heard the word SYE. What is that?

·
Formerly "Gr8archer"
2,742 Posts
slip yoke eliminator.

There’s a lot that goes into lifting a truck or SUV the right way. For certain vehicles, this involves correcting the angle of the drive shaft. When the front end is raised, the transfer case goes with it. Unfortunately, this lifts the drive shaft to a steep angle, causing annoying vibration throughout the vehicle. Plus, stress on the slip yoke can cause the rear shaft to snap.

Skyjacker’s Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit solves the problem with a fixed yoke, 32-spline output shaft that can stand-up to off-road and on-road rigors. It also increases drive shaft length by 4.5”, stopping vibration and stress.

http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A2674A0A0.aspx

·
just floor it!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gr8archer,
Thanks for the info, i guess i have never heard of it because all i have lifted is my fords, about 90% dont have slip yokes they have fixed yokes. This will be my first jeep.

·
just floor it!
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On the S-10 Leaf packs, do those need to be from a 4x4 or 4x2? Or does it really matter?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts