Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

2500hd 6.0 wheeling rig build

84K views 561 replies 50 participants last post by  greygoose 
#1 · (Edited)
looks like y'all have a great group of people here, i am glad to join and share my new build i am starting, and i am sure i will be asking lots of questions.

so i bought a rolled over 2004 2500hd 4x4 6.0 truck and plan to make it a wheeling RIG, plans so far are to chop the front suspension off and sas 4 link with a superduty dana 60 hp front axle. rear plans are 4 link and shorten wheel base and frame a little.

going to remove factory t case and replace with clocking ring and a 241 C manual shift with fixed front yoke for 4 link set up.

i removed the rest of the windshield and straightened the roof back out good enough to set a new windshield in. that install went smooth for being my first windshield garage install. and cheap. purchased brand new windshield with two tubes of urethane for $55 out the door at john r glass in Madison heights mi.

#15 ·
picked up few parts this weekend for the build dana 60 hp superduty axle, 37-12.5-16.5 tires on the beadlocks, also ordered bunch of 4 link parts for the front end from ruff stuff specialties holiday sale, getting close to cutting front IFS off and mocking the new set up into place, still need to find some 14 - 16 inch used coil over shocks or cnc overtime nitro shocks, also need rear leaf lift springs about 8 inch lift, and will need gears for both front and rear end to match soon. and full hydro steering set up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.