Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

141 - 160 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
where can I find the current requirements? I would be bummed to learn that I have a quiet exhaust but get turned away at the gates after driving 3+ hours to get there because I have my exhaust configured in a different way than they wanted me to.

EDIT; I googled it.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html#vehiclereg

yep, so you basically have to have an offset muffler to be legal...

A non offset muffler is fine as long as it is chambered from my understanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
if you have straight threw non baffled mufflers you will need to run a super trap in the end of it

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
getting close to flipping her around and back halfing it, need to plumb radiator and front brakes then she can drive out of garage to turn around

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
What did you do for brake lines?
this truck has abs controller under cab on frame rail, so i came out of that with the front right and front left hard lines to a adapter fitting, to steel braided line down the lower link on the driver side. to driver side caliper, the other line to a adapter with hard line across the back side of axle truss to passenger side then another adapter fitting to steel braided line to passenger caliper. i still need to make some nice clamps to mount the lines to the link bar, temporarily i just have zip ties on it but that will be changed before truck gets wheeled

hard lines are 3/16 line and the steel braided lines are -3 an fitting style

all star performance has everything you need.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's always fun...:rock::rock: Nothing like cutting a vehicle in half.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
a little more grinding under truck and then she is ready to get frame plated in and start some tube work, them stock cross members will be removed once i get some tube worked finished, left them in the to keep frame square and to keep strength in it for now

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Looks good man! I hope it goes quick for you!
hoping rear goes quicker than front did haha i think it will but still have lots of little things to finish up in front also, mounting grill, lights, hood possibly 1inch body lift so hood will clear engine cage, fuel system, and more, trying to decide if i want to full cage inside or just do over the top exo cage type set up still not sure yet

·
[
2,301 Posts
Looks good man. Thanks for the dom also haven't started using it yet but that's the plan after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Thanks Yall !!! burning in the plates on inside of frame rail today to box her in. and hopefully start on some tube work !!!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
a little more rear end progress, frame plated in and 4 link mounts and bars ran, frame is getting cut off to in front of that factory cross member once i get bed cage started

141 - 160 of 562 Posts