Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

521 - 540 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Nice set-ups!
Hope you guys had a blast. Black Mnt. is probably my favorite place to wheel. Been twice and still can't wait to go back.

Can you guys pull that kind of weight with a regualr driver's license?
Reason I ask is because in Ontario, with a standard "G" license, we're limited to 11,000kg total (truck and trailer), which is about 24,250lbs.
And I'm right at the limit with my set up, maybe a few pounds over lol.
Just wondering for when we travel in the States.

·
N8KVB
4,386 Posts
Nice set-ups!
Hope you guys had a blast. Black Mnt. is probably my favorite place to wheel. Been twice and still can't wait to go back.

Can you guys pull that kind of weight with a regualr driver's license?
Reason I ask is because in Ontario, with a standard "G" license, we're limited to 11,000kg total (truck and trailer), which is about 24,250lbs.
And I'm right at the limit with my set up, maybe a few pounds over lol.
Just wondering for when we travel in the States.
Yes, no weight limit if it is strictly your property for personal use.

For commercial it's different, anything over 26,001 requires a CDL and any trailer with a capacity over 10k requires a class A CDL.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, no weight limit if it is strictly your property for personal use.

For commercial it's different, anything over 26,001 requires a CDL and any trailer with a capacity over 10k requires a class A CDL.

That’s not technically correct. You still have to go off the manufacturers towing rating and trailer ratings. Gvwr rating and such. I doubt you would ever get caught unless ur pretty obviously overweight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
382 Posts
Great pics. Familiar sights for sure. Heading there next Friday. Anybody in your group do lions den?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #528
Great pics. Familiar sights for sure. Heading there next Friday. Anybody in your group do lions den?

No we didn’t we found it on our last day and didn’t wanna get broken in it looks like a bitch to get a broken rig out of it, next time I go with lighter rig I’ll try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #537
Back to all one color ! Hitting a mud bog 10-26-19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

521 - 540 of 562 Posts