Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

21 - 40 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
few more update pics picked up used hydro steering set up from a guy in howell, and some more heims and d.o.m

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
plasma cut all front end ifs suppression brackets off and ground most down, ready to start mocking up some plate steel to plate frame in a little for some more strength.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
drew up and cut out a rock ring out of sheet metal to see what it will look like, when i decide exactly what i want to do i will but some 3/16 or 1/4 inch plate and cut all 4 out on my buddy's plasma table.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Reinforce that frame while its torn apart. They were known for cracking right behind the shock mounts. However that may not be an issue with a different setup like yours. Either way i still would for peice of mind and it wont take much effort. If you google youll find some pics of the exact spot

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
yup plan to reinforce frame going to start cutting cardboard templets out for mock up

what box ? like the truck bed or steering box ?

·
Balls Deep
4,553 Posts
Cool, a build thread from a new member with what appears to be a phenomenon called "ambition". Exciting stuff! Looking forward to the updates.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yeah I am trying to get good info from all you veterans and get it built right the first time !

·
Low Range Drifter
8,143 Posts
I guess, i need a better definition of "low" that thing looks to be lifted at least 12" before putting tires on...it's very nice though.
Ok, found the thread on pirate from the original build. Chopperman built it with 6" of lift compared to stock. Somewhere in there he said you might be able to get away with 4" if you made some other compromises. Either way, super clean execution.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/796788-throwin-60-under-my-d-max.html

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
doing triangulated front and rear 4 link no 3 link or pan hard bar shit lol yes it will be tall i am sure i will have to sell the 37s and get into 40s or bigger we will see. for now plan to run 37s until money for bigger shows up haha

21 - 40 of 562 Posts