Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

281 - 300 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Put your foot down. Who wears the pants in your house?
You talking to me lol? I would normally just do what i want, but we're in the process of building a 40x60 shop on the 40 acres we just bought, and in the spring we're starting to build our 3000 sq ft house, so spending 20k on a toy isn't going to happen right now. I'm going to try to get weights dialed in, and get my shocks, springs, and air bumps. Build the frame and cage, then the plan is to build my axles.

Attachments

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,102 Posts
You talking to me lol? I would normally just do what i want, but we're in the process of building a 40x60 shop on the 40 acres we just bought, and in the spring we're starting to build our 3000 sq ft house, so spending 20k on a toy isn't going to happen right now. I'm going to try to get weights dialed in, and get my shocks, springs, and air bumps. Build the frame and cage, then the plan is to build my axles.
oh ill buy some, after i finish paying for wedding thats happening in september and after i sell blue truck
Good job setting priorities. Just giving you guys a little :poke: :sonicjay:

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
bad when the old guy has a better sense of humor than the youngins..:fish:

You havent even wheeled the truck yet and your wanting the get different tires. Typical builder lol.:bdr2:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #287

You havent even wheeled the truck yet and your wanting the get different tires. Typical builder lol.:bdr2:
i thought it was funny lol

no these tires are just off anther truck of mine, just using them for now since i sold the military 37s i had for the truck :nana::nana::beerbang::whiz:

·
Registered
713 Posts

I lol'd his comment:finger:just explained why I'm compromising on my upcoming build, don't wanna look like a bitch :sonicjay:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Well front axle u joints lasted 10 minuets at dog party, still had fun in 2wd the rest of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
broke it the first time out eh?

Details man, details!

Not many details sadly lol I Don’t remember what brand joints but they are weak broke them first hill climb in trails, time for new shafts & non grease-able good joints and should be good

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not many details sadly lol I Don’t remember what brand joints but they are weak broke them first hill climb in trails, time for new shafts & non grease-able good joints and should be good

I'm running Spicer greasable joints in my front axle, and have many full throttle assaults on hills, rocks, and mud. Have yet to have an issue. They've been good to me since 2012, even running 39.5's. You should go Spicer joints as well, non greasable or greasable, you'll be happy with them.
In another note, how did the tires do until it broke? Were you even able to wheel very long? Looks like it was busy, wish i could've made it.

·
Registered
713 Posts
163.95 for long

Dana Spicer 10013778 RIGHT SIDE AXLE ASSEMBLY fits FORD 05 to 15 F-250 and F-350 Super Duty with DANA 60 FRONT Replaces 2013564-1 and 2022234-1

$139.95 for short

Dana Spicer 10013781 LEFT SIDE AXLE ASSEMBLY fits FORD 05 to 15 F-250 and F-350 Super Duty with DANA 60 FRONT Replaces 2013564-2 and 2022234-2

Looks like denny's driveshaft is the place to go for a big upgrade.

·
Low Range Drifter
8,118 Posts
In another note, how did the tires do until it broke? Were you even able to wheel very long?
Looks like tires had enough traction to blow up some joints. :sonicjay:

It's going to be interesting to see if factory shafts and joints in the 1550 size are a cheap upgrade in strength. I've got a set in the mail, but it'll be a while before they get put to the test.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Unfortunately them 1550 upgrades are for the 2005 & newer axle they won’t fit my 99-04 axle

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Oh, damn, i thought you had an 05 for some reason. Well, get it fixed and back on the trail. We need to wheel together soon!

For sure iso used stock shafts for now going to run solid spicer joints should hold up for a while bummed I didn’t do that I the first place but I learned lol

Yeah plan to do snow snake hill course race March 24th if it still goes on we will see

281 - 300 of 562 Posts