Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

241 - 260 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
expect body damage.:teehee:

It was a rolled truck cab is already fucked & I have no problem with doors front clip and possibly bed sides some day getting messed up I expect that 110% ready to mow shit down once bumper is built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
That's mine that i recently built. Has my 12k smittybuilt winch on a 5/16 plate that bolts to the bottom of the bumper and flanges to a cross member that i added. I took out my old tube cross member that goes directly behind the bumper.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
That's mine that i recently built. Has my 12k smittybuilt winch on a 5/16 plate that bolts to the bottom of the bumper and flanges to a cross member that i added. I took out my old tube cross member that goes directly behind the bumper.

Looks good man might have to make one like it was thinking beefy tube bumper but I dig the plate one for sure

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks. The bumper is made from 5x1 1/2x3/16 channel. I made the mistake of going wheeling without a bumper at all and hit a stump on a sharp corner, and bent my core support back a bit which in turn caused my coolant res to break at the connection with the hose. Ended my day early. Only real fix i needed was a new res, probably should get a core support too, but not likely until my cab swap.
The wheels are just wagon wheels with a diy beadlock from mayhem metal works. I like them a lot. Plus i haven't lost an ounce of air in 4 months, so i think i did ok on them lol.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Thanks. The bumper is made from 5x1 1/2x3/16 channel. I made the mistake of going wheeling without a bumper at all and hit a stump on a sharp corner, and bent my core support back a bit which in turn caused my coolant res to break at the connection with the hose. Ended my day early. Only real fix i needed was a new res, probably should get a core support too, but not likely until my cab swap.

The wheels are just wagon wheels with a diy beadlock from mayhem metal works. I like them a lot. Plus i haven't lost an ounce of air in 4 months, so i think i did ok on them lol.

Awesome I will decide on a style for bumper soon lol still not sure

I ment your tires lol but rims are nice also !

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #251

Garage made dash coming together & wiring, mounted standalone harness fuse box & pcm on fire wall under / behind dash, also added a summit heater since I ripped all factory dash wiring & heater out

·
Registered
713 Posts
Awesome I will decide on a style for bumper soon lol still not sure

I ment your tires lol but rims are nice also !

Lol, they are pretty sweet. They work great on heavy rigs like ours. I got lucky and traded my set of 4 brand new pro comp 40's, for this set of 5 damn near new treps. they're 37's, and crawl over damn near anything. Word on the street is that they don't work well on smooth rock, or snow though. I'm going to hit the rejects run at r+v the weekend of the 26th, so i should find out then how they work in the snow.

Your dash is turning out pretty dope! I like the simplicity of it. Should work pretty good.

When are you taking this thing out, and where?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Lol, they are pretty sweet. They work great on heavy rigs like ours. I got lucky and traded my set of 4 brand new pro comp 40's, for this set of 5 damn near new treps. they're 37's, and crawl over damn near anything. Word on the street is that they don't work well on smooth rock, or snow though. I'm going to hit the rejects run at r+v the weekend of the 26th, so i should find out then how they work in the snow.

Your dash is turning out pretty dope! I like the simplicity of it. Should work pretty good.

When are you taking this thing out, and where?

Awesome deal hope I come across one like that, don’t think I’ll every be able to buy new ones lol

Thanks it should work good nice and easy

Have few more things to finish up but plan to be at dog party February 17th but I would like to do a shake down test before, maybe mounds since it is close to me. Never been to rocks & valley but would like to check it out sometime !

·
Registered
713 Posts
Awesome deal hope I come across one like that, don’t think I’ll every be able to buy new ones lol

Thanks it should work good nice and easy

Have few more things to finish up but plan to be at dog party February 17th but I would like to do a shake down test before, maybe mounds since it is close to me. Never been to rocks & valley but would like to check it out sometime !

R+V is pretty cool. I've been twice with mine. I could fit most places, only one time did i have to find a bypass because i couldn't make a turn that had a very large berm with 2 trees that i would've had to be I the exact right position to squeeze through. This is the reason I'm going to the np205 transfer case with twin sticks and the underdrive unit. Front digs would make a bunch of tight places easier to get through. They 5.33:1 low will make it easier to crawl more technical sections as well. Still waiting on the underdrive unit though, hoping to see it next week. Then i can start building that and rebuilding my 205.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
R+V is pretty cool. I've been twice with mine. I could fit most places, only one time did i have to find a bypass because i couldn't make a turn that had a very large berm with 2 trees that i would've had to be I the exact right position to squeeze through. This is the reason I'm going to the np205 transfer case with twin sticks and the underdrive unit. Front digs would make a bunch of tight places easier to get through. They 5.33:1 low will make it easier to crawl more technical sections as well. Still waiting on the underdrive unit though, hoping to see it next week. Then i can start building that and rebuilding my 205.

Yeah I have a few jeep buddy’s on 1 tons that go, can’t wait to go with them this summer

What T case & axle gears are you running right now again ?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I’m np2.41 2.72 also & 5.38

The 5.38 will help, but i bet on the real technical stuff you'll want lower crawl speeds. I thought I'd be ok until i went to r+v, i learned quick that it's still too fast in low when you're crawling over 6 boulders in a row:sonicjay:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
The 5.38 will help, but i bet on the real technical stuff you'll want lower crawl speeds. I thought I'd be ok until i went to r+v, i learned quick that it's still too fast in low when you're crawling over 6 boulders in a row:sonicjay:

Yeah for sure I’m sure I’ll want to change lots of stuff -witch I already do, but I just wanna drive it for now lol

What day are you going to R&V next weekend ?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I don't mind my 241 and 5.13's. not nearly the same as my ranger with a manual and doubler. But it works good at slow stuff

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 562 Posts