Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

221 - 240 of 562 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
When my GMC was SAS, I replaced the flange with a 1350 yoke and it only cleared the case by ~.125", I would find it hard to believe that any 1410stuff (flange or yoke) would fit on a 241/2/3?
My Chevy case has the long front output. I bought a spicer flange that bolts to it for a 1410 joint. It all clears with plenty of room. If I had the short output I could see clearance issues.

·
F-U-CANCER!!!
5,396 Posts
Well, I've been searching tons of u joints, and can't find the right conversion joint. My caps are both 1.125, the dodge side is internal snap rings, with a 2.613 separation, and the Ford side is external lock rings, with a 3.625 separation. Nothing exists for that. Not sure what to do...
When I had my shafts built (took them the parts and they finished them) at d&r in Grand Rapids, one of the joints had to be made by using the caps from one joint on another joint. Hopefully, there is a note in the glove box with the info. as I do not remember the details from 6 years ago... :sonicjay:

Maybe you could ask them if there is a solution?

·
Registered
713 Posts
When I had my shafts built (took them the parts and they finished them) at d&r in Grand Rapids, one of the joints had to be made by using the caps from one joint on another joint. Hopefully, there is a note in the glove box with the info. as I do not remember the details from 6 years ago... :sonicjay:

Maybe you could ask them if there is a solution?
That is good info, and also something I've been working on. I think the 5-811x, i think this joint is very close. I'm hoping my local parts store has one i can measure to be sure the joint width is good for the yoke end. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
My Chevy case has the long front output. I bought a spicer flange that bolts to it for a 1410 joint. It all clears with plenty of room. If I had the short output I could see clearance issues.

So you bolted a 1410 yoke to the flange and don’t run a cv style front shaft

This is my flange 241-c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
So you bolted a 1410 yoke to the flange and don’t run a cv style front shaft

This is my flange 241-c

Well that's my plan. I have the yoke. The only issue is it's a 2" pilot. So I have some 2" Dom I'm welding to the flange to center it after grinding the lip down that's on there now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Well that's my plan. I have the yoke. The only issue is it's a 2" pilot. So I have some 2" Dom I'm welding to the flange to center it after grinding the lip down that's on there now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My pilot is 3”1/16 is your t case a 1500 or 2500 truck case

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
Yeah mine is the same pilot. I'm grinding that flat and welding a piece of tube in the center to locate the yoke on flange. I'm grinding it down to get more angle right now. Hopefully get it buttoned up this weekend

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Yeah mine is the same pilot. I'm grinding that flat and welding a piece of tube in the center to locate the yoke on flange. I'm grinding it down to get more angle right now. Hopefully get it buttoned up this weekend

Cool post pics, I just picked up my wiring harness today after I’m done with all that shit I plan to tackle the front drive shaft project lol

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
with shocks set at ride high its to tall for ideal wheeling rig looks more like big dumb mud truck i will need to change shock set up someday but for now i just want to drive it its close

·
Registered
713 Posts
It's really not too bad for what it is. I have a couple questions for you.
How much shock shaft at ride height?
What is the bottom of your frame to the ground height?
What's the center of hub to the lip of your fender at it's highest point?
I'll bet you're not much, if at all, taller than mine. Mine works great at that height, and i bet yours will too. Looks good, now get her done!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
It's really not too bad for what it is. I have a couple questions for you.
How much shock shaft at ride height?
What is the bottom of your frame to the ground height?
What's the center of hub to the lip of your fender at it's highest point?
I'll bet you're not much, if at all, taller than mine. Mine works great at that height, and i bet yours will too. Looks good, now get her done!

when i charge the shocks with nitrogen again i will get these measurements for you, have it sitting on bumps so i can pull it in and out of my garage

still learning about the nitrogen shocks, i kinda set it up / planned to run around half the length of shock shaft at ride height. not sure if that is going to be to soft or not. my nitrogen regulator will only let me get about 550lbs in the shocks. few guys i talked to that have cnc nitro shocks said i will need more lbs in them and few inches more than half shaft shown at ride hight for bombing around dunes so it dont bottom out easy. i am all new to this so just winging it and will learn one way or another.

front shocks are 16 inch shocks
rear shocks are 20 inch shocks

221 - 240 of 562 Posts