Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

201 - 220 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Did you figure out a front driveshaft yet? I'm in the same predicament. Looking for what worked for people.
I've been running a dodge 3500 diesel front shaft in mine. If you're running an np241 with a flange front output, it bolts directly on, has a double cardan joint, and 1330 at the axle.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
I think the one I have at home that I plan to mock up is a dodge one I grabbed from a buddy's shed it has double joint with flange and yes bolts to my 241c t case, not sure the superduty axle I joint yet haven't messed with it but will soon just took truck all apart to paint frame axles and tunes and install lockers and gears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
I've been running a dodge 3500 diesel front shaft in mine. If you're running an np241 with a flange front output, it bolts directly on, has a double cardan joint, and 1330 at the axle.
from a second gen? I am running a 241 to a dana 60. So that would probably work good. I am going over my friends house today to look through his stash. If nothing he has works i'll go that route.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I think the one I have at home that I plan to mock up is a dodge one I grabbed from a buddy's shed it has double joint with flange and yes bolts to my 241c t case, not sure the superduty axle I joint yet haven't messed with it but will soon just took truck all apart to paint frame axles and tunes and install lockers and gears

1350 at the axle end. There's also no conversion joint to match the 1330 to the 1350. Trust me, I've tried lol.

from a second gen? I am running a 241 to a dana 60. So that would probably work good. I am going over my friends house today to look through his stash. If nothing he has works i'll go that route.
From a 98. Not a dodge guy, so not sure what gen that is haha. I'm switching over to 1410 at the case and axle though. Buying an 05 super duty 2 piece shaft, and going to use some cool stuff real soon to mate all that together. Going eco box to ford np205 with 1410 outputs front and rear. Custom vss mod in the 205 to make it work with my electronics and picking up a 1410 yoke for my dana 60. I have the Ford 205 already, getting rebuild kit and the outputs for Christmas. Probably going to sneak the yoke for the front axle in there as well. Should have the eco real soon. Hoping within the next month or so.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
1350 at the axle end. There's also no conversion joint to match the 1330 to the 1350. Trust me, I've tried lol.

From a 98. Not a dodge guy, so not sure what gen that is haha. I'm switching over to 1410 at the case and axle though. Buying an 05 super duty 2 piece shaft, and going to use some cool stuff real soon to mate all that together. Going eco box to ford np205 with 1410 outputs front and rear. Custom vss mod in the 205 to make it work with my electronics and picking up a 1410 yoke for my dana 60. I have the Ford 205 already, getting rebuild kit and the outputs for Christmas. Probably going to sneak the yoke for the front axle in there as well. Should have the eco real soon. Hoping within the next month or so.
not sure what the shaft is from that i have just thinking it is dodge, have you had problems with your current shaft or just upgrading to bigger just because

·
Registered
713 Posts
not sure what the shaft is from that i have just thinking it is dodge, have you had problems with your current shaft or just upgrading to bigger just because
Going bigger because the 1330 is scary to me...I'm going to have the ability to do front digs by spring, so i don't think the 1330 will hold up to that at all :teehee:

Well I ground the crap out of my 1990 dodge driveshaft. It'll droop enough now. Probably break on me. So I'm thinking I'm going to eventually get a high angle CV shaft made
https://www.finditparts.com/products/7707350/neapco-n924141hag?srcid=CHL01SCL010-Npla-Dmdt-Gusa-Svbr-Mmuu-K7707350-L173&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxLrTsKqQ1gIV2lYNCh2L8QVvEAQYAiABEgLjNvD_BwE

Go with that one and you'll be happier i bet.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
axles are all geared and locked, waiting on my stand alone engine harness, and still need to make bump stops in front and limit straps front and back,front drive shaft, also need to build some clamps to hold brake lines and hydro lines to 2inch 4 link bar, also need to tackle fun exhaust its going to be tight, and few more things hope to do some snow wheeling like dog party

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
any idea how long your shaft is, looks like i need to find one around 34-34.5 inch with a little plus or minus slip, looks like my dana 60 superduty axle is 1350 joint, seems like all the used shafts i see around are couple inches longer, hoping to find something that work if not i guess i will have to order a brand new custom one

·
Premium Member
3,668 Posts
My front one was like 34. I cut it and shortened it to 32 which is what I needed. I'm working on a 1410 flange that'll bolt to my 241. Trying to get it figured out now. That Dodge shaft was not a 1350 joint. So I took the slip off my old one and welded it to the dodge cv

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
My front one was like 34. I cut it and shortened it to 32 which is what I needed. I'm working on a 1410 flange that'll bolt to my 241. Trying to get it figured out now. That Dodge shaft was not a 1350 joint. So I took the slip off my old one and welded it to the dodge cv
right on 34 is about what i need, i found a kid with 3 different size dodge shafts from 2500 / 3500 trucks, going to have him measure them hoping one will work and if not 1350 front joint ill get conversion joint for now

·
Registered
713 Posts
They are 1330 joints if from a dodge......i tried to get a combo joint, and they don't exist from 1330 to 1350...I've been running mine with a tidge of slop at the yoke and it wears out very quickly. Get a ford front shaft from an 05 up super duty, and you can stay 1350. It usually only costs about $40 to have a shaft shortened.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
They are 1330 joints if from a dodge......i tried to get a combo joint, and they don't exist from 1330 to 1350...I've been running mine with a tidge of slop at the yoke and it wears out very quickly. Get a ford front shaft from an 05 up super duty, and you can stay 1350. It usually only costs about $40 to have a shaft shortened.

I see lot of 1330 to 1350 Combo joints online but I’m sure local stores don’t carry them

·
Registered
713 Posts
I see lot of 1330 to 1350 Combo joints online but I’m sure local stores don’t carry them

Well, I've been searching tons of u joints, and can't find the right conversion joint. My caps are both 1.125, the dodge side is internal snap rings, with a 2.613 separation, and the Ford side is external lock rings, with a 3.625 separation. Nothing exists for that. Not sure what to do...

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
When my GMC was SAS, I replaced the flange with a 1350 yoke and it only cleared the case by ~.125", I would find it hard to believe that any 1410stuff (flange or yoke) would fit on a 241/2/3?

201 - 220 of 562 Posts