Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get the info on swapping the output shaft out of a chevy 208 transfer case from a 208 jeep out of a tug? I guess this was done quite a bit in the 80's to eliminate the slip yoke, I am trying to put this combo on my jeep with a 400 turbo tranny, If I use the slip yoke my driveshaft is only 10.5 inches and I dont want it that short. The guy that told me about this (the same guy I got the 208 tug transfer case from) said he would send me the link but he hasent yet.

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I don't think it needs to be be from a CJ-10a. Any 208J from an 80's FSJ should yield the parts you need. I believe Dodge 208's were also factory fixed-yoke? Only issue you may run into is if you try and swap the entire case for some reason. In that case, you do not want a 208J from behind a T-18, as they are 31-spline (like Ford).

·
Terminator 2
1,158 Posts
I have a busted case from a 31-spline input FSJ. Output stuff is still there I think. Any interest in that ... should work for you.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :)
Rochester Hills, MI

·
I am the law.
29,823 Posts
I think I am changing over to a Dana 20, Thanks anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused: If your TH400 has a NP-pattern tail adapter that accepts a 208, wouldn't a Dana 300 be the way to go? I believe JB conversions sells the input gears by themselves for a reasonable price if the TH400 is a 27 or 32-spline.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts