Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any dates yet? Hopefully this year we can run more events, closer together so we can keep people around. The 3 hours breaks isn't for top trucks.

·
I'll Finsh One, One Day
2,371 Posts
Looks like it's going the be the same weekend as jeep blessing like last year (April 30th) so every one at jeep blessing can come watch. Sounds like few different things maybe in the works this year for it, details to come. Does every one want it to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday like it used to be or just Saturday and Sunday like last year? Know Friday makes it hard for some with work but allows more events

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it's going the be the same weekend as jeep blessing like last year (April 30th) so every one at jeep blessing can come watch. Sounds like few different things maybe in the works this year for it, details to come. Does every one want it to be Friday, Saturday and Sunday like it used to be or just Saturday and Sunday like last year? Know Friday makes it hard for some with work but allows more events
I think Saturday, Sunday is the best, or 1 event Friday afternoon would be cool. I see no problem running more events in 2 days. If we start the event at 9am on saturday and say 10am sunday, shorten the breaks up to MAX 1 hour and have everyone in order it should go smooth. Lack of organization and ultra long breaks have always hurt this event.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
more events would be nice. while the club challenge was fun, it was disappointing only being barely 2 events.

i'm looking forward to both either way :thumb:

·
I'll Finsh One, One Day
2,371 Posts
Ok so extreme truck challenge is defiantly a go for this year. Going to be April 29, 30 and May 1. Friday events will most likely start in the afternoon so people can make the drive Friday morning. Adding some new runs to the event also and changing the schedule a bit to flow smoother and quicker. Also will be doing a SXS race Saturday. It is the same weekend as jeep blessing, so if your at jeep blessing you can come down and do some watching and wheeling after. Alot more details to come but can say going to be worth the trip and taking Friday off work.

·
Weekend Warrior
893 Posts
How many of the parks trails will be off limits throughout the weekend? Last year most of the fun stuff was closed off basically all weekend until they made their runs across it for the TTC. It would be nice if the trails/course's that arent being ran on that day for the TTC were left open to be played on.

·
I'll Finsh One, One Day
2,371 Posts
Goal is to keep as much stuff open as possible, not block off and close trails till close to using that trail for the event. Plan is to map out the event courses before the weekend allowing setup and take down of ribbons, stacks and banners quickly to keep stuff open instead of having to leave stuff up before hand blocking trails

1 - 20 of 46 Posts