Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife is looking at a new 2016 Wrangler 4 door. The most common driveline is the 3.6 / 5 speed auto / 3.21 axle ratio. This will be her daily driver, probably will never tow with it or run it offroad.

Anyone have this driveline or have any input? Good enough power?

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah for sure. She's going to pick one up tomorrow and drive it for a day to see if she likes it. She has driven mostly SUV's over the past 15 years with a Grand Prix and ATS thrown in.

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
Stock tires on it should be ok. Decent acceleration. I ordered mine with 3:73's, manual and recently put 35's on it. It still gets up and goes, but you can feel the drag on the highway.

·
Small, but talented
2,749 Posts
NOW??? LOL with the 35's IF I keep it at 70mph I can see 18mpg. 75-80 drops it to low 16's.
When it was stock I would see 21 mpg if I kept it below 75.
(I rarely saw 21 mpg :teehee:)

·
Chrome Trucker Chicks Rul
1,646 Posts
We have 3.73 manual trans and get 21+ normally under 75mph

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We are test driving one overnight tonight with the auto & 3.21 dif. It seems pretty peppy but I'm not sold on it yet. I'm also wondering about the Cherokee Latitude with the 2 speed transfer case. Andrew, @akozman is the roof cold in the winter?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Don't rule out the Renegade if you are looking at Jeep name and want fuel milage, I'm not saying it's for everyone but neither is a grand prix or ats.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't flat tow the renegade so it's a dead subject. We want a vehicle that can be flat towed.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
3.2v6 Cherokee latitude 4x4 without low range I get about 24 average 28 highway but have seen it as high as 30 highway on long trips
Have almost 30k miles since March and have been very happy with it
It's a comfortable vehicle
The 9 speed auto felt vey mushy to me when I first got it but I've gotten used to it
It it just strange going from a 4 speed truck to a 9 speed small suv
Also I have never seen it in 9th gear and it didn't go into 8th until about 10 or 15k in

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great info. We were looking at the Latitude last night but I would need the one with low range for towing purpose.

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
Great info. We were looking at the Latitude last night but I would need the one with low range for towing purpose.

You should test drive it
It really does have quite a bit of power in first gear
The whole 2 speed rear end thing kinda scares me

·
1,646 Posts
Yes the roof is cold, I don't know that I can notice it normally though, I don't get to drive it much either though. I've thought about the insulation panels but unless Kristen complains not gonna happen.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Yes the roof is cold, I don't know that I can notice it normally though, I don't get to drive it much either though. I've thought about the insulation panels but unless Kristen complains not gonna happen.
Same here. It's two layers of fiberglass with some insulation sandwiched in between, not sure that it gets any colder than any other vehicle in the cold. :confused:

·
1,646 Posts
I'm impressed by the MPG numbers, didn't think they would get over 15mpg at 75mph with bigger than stock tires.
That's what I thought when we bought it too, very happy with mpg.

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You should test drive it
It really does have quite a bit of power in first gear
The whole 2 speed rear end thing kinda scares me
We are leaning away from the Sahara and towards the Trailhawk. Got one sitting in the garage right now. 2 speed rear end? You mean the 2 speed transfer case?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts