Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I thought it looked like a coyote. That should be a real nice improvement!!
Yeah waiting on some billet gears and a new high flow oil pump. Also thinking about swapping cams. It will see some boost eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Same here. I dont have much time, so I end up making time. Late nights in the garage when everyone else has gone to bed. I take 30min naps on my lunch break just about every day, that's my saving grace
I hear you there. Lol I spend at least 2 nights a week inside with the wife and kids and normally have family dinner on sundays

·
Gustafson
10,126 Posts
Early morning. I can easily get an hour in the garage before work.
I wish I could. I start at 6, but I am usually early, so if I were to work in the garage before work I'd have to get up at 3:30 instead of 4:30. I don't think i could do it. :LOL:

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Early morning. I can easily get an hour in the garage before work.
I wish I’m on the clock a 5:12 every morning. I worked nights for a while I would spend 2-3 hours in the barn before bed. Only thing I liked about nights lol

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well still waiting on parts to show up but I have gotten a few of them. My intake and oil pump showed up but still waiting on my billet oil pump gears to show up. I let my 4 year old daughter pick the engine color. I ordered a pair of turbos that will go on after I have the truck up and running. I need to clean the throttle body so it looks better and need to decide what I’m doing with the valve covers

·
Gustafson
10,126 Posts
Wow! Twin turbo coyote!? That thing is going to haul azz!

Do you need to lower the compression with all that boost?

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Wow! Twin turbo coyote!? That thing is going to haul azz!

Do you need to lower the compression with all that boost?
Nope. This is a truck motor so it’s already lower than the mustang 10.5:1 vs 11.0:1 also only planning on 6-8 lbs should put it I. The 6-700 hp range. The coyote responds well to boost.

·
Gustafson
10,126 Posts
Nope. This is a truck motor so it’s already lower than the mustang 10.5:1 vs 11.0:1 also only planning on 6-8 lbs should put it I. The 6-700 hp range. The coyote responds well to boost.

Personally, this is how Ford should have built the current generation Raptor. Now they are playing catch up against Ram with their TRX.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Personally, this is how Ford should have built the current generation Raptor. Now they are playing catch up against Ram with their TRX.
The raptor R will have a v8 rumor is 5.2 supercharged from the gt500. But I also feel it should of came like this. The v6 is lighter thoe.

·
Registered
575 Posts
2012 gen1

Not sure if it started in 12 but my brother has a 13 or 14 and he’s had valve seat issues, he’s had one fixed and possibly another one needs it now. Guess it’s a common problem till 14 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Not sure if it started in 12 but my brother has a 13 or 14 and he’s had valve seat issues, he’s had one fixed and possibly another one needs it now. Guess it’s a common problem till 14 I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah it’s a problem with the Intake Valve Face eroding. I’m not worried about it.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Oil pump and billet gears installed now waiting on new chains and tensioners

I also picked up a electric assist power steering rack and a pair of long tube headers for $350. I also picked up a a pillar gage pod going to run a oil pressure water and trans temp gage a until I boost it then I will add a afr and boost gage.

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Finally got all my timing chain parts hopefully have the motor in this weekend

·
[
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I got the engine all reassembled last night put the new steering rack in and hopefully tonight I will be able to get the engine and trans together. Hoping to have the engine back in by Sunday

41 - 60 of 91 Posts