Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up this 2010 raptor wrecked and plan to fix it and mild build it for a daily/dune toy.

Paid $8000 for the truck and new frame. Plan to strip it all down rust repair/proof the body as much as possible. It’s getting a 2017 front clip for it. Plan to run 37’s on it. Currently has a 5.4 in it I would like to supercharge it but we will see what happens once I get it all stripped and back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
That will be fun once rebuilt! Any plans to upgrade suspension for betta jumpability? They make all kinds of kits for these things. Longer travel would bring the smiles on....

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That will be fun once rebuilt! Any plans to upgrade suspension for betta jumpability? They make all kinds of kits for these things. Longer travel would bring the smiles on....

Not really just frame strengthening kit for the back and air bumps. I have plans for a long travel truck I’m collecting parts for

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! What's cost difference between junkyard front clip and fiberglass?

I’m not sure I bought a conversion clip for it for $1400 from fiberworx the guy had I bought the raptor from

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven’t made any more progress yet but I did sell the ugly 20” wheels and get a set of 17” beadlock and mount my 37’s on them

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little update I pulled the lift off the truck on Monday and got the stock parts reinstalled so I can move it around still also got the frame painted and picked up a few parts

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well kind of a update.. I started making center caps for my wheels. Not done yet still need a little more work hopefully I can finish them this coming week

I got the paint for the truck.

We moved my frame in the barn and started the rpg bump stop kit install

I received my eibach front coils

Bed lined the underside of the bed and the cargo area

I also received my Blitzkrieg Motorsports shackles

Few more parts in for the build showed up I’m pretty close to having everything I need to put it back together. I ended up with icon leafs in the rear. Wait time and shipping killed me on the deavers I wanted. Ended up picking up a set of icons off amazon for $1399 shipped.

the ups and fed ex guy hate me right now I’m sure hahaha

That’s all the updates for now

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the truck in the barn last night and pulled the cab. Now it’s time to clean and paint the underside of the cab and start swapping parts to the new frame.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Few updates from the last couple days. Thursday after work i power washed everything on the old frame then I started at the back pulling the rear axle and gas tank. Today I got the rear axle cleaned and painted then continued pulling parts and got the brake lines removed wire harness evap and the motor and trans out. Then I installed the the rear axle on the new frame. Tomorrow after work I plan to have the rest of the old frame stripped and loaded up on my trailer.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saturday and Sunday updates

I completely stripped the old frame of all the parts I needed, painted up every part I took off. Sunday I started reassembly of the chassis. I now have a rolling chassis waiting for the drive train to go back in. I have a few manifold bolts to replace on the truck while they are easily accessible.

·
[
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sat the cab down the other day so I could work on mounting the front clip. Still waiting on some parts before I can do anything else with it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts