Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be in the market for a car soon because it appears our company may be eliminating company vehicles. I had been looking heavily at the HHR. I know many find it ugly and gay. But I have seen a few on the local dealer lot that have been painted two-tone and look just damn cool. I have talked to a few owners that absolutely love them. Not to mention it is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever sat in. With the 2 dogs and the fuel mileage it looks like a dead ringer for what I want.

Does anyone have, or will admit to having an HHR? How do you like it?

I heard the 2008 HHR SS version was unveiled at Woodward, I have searched google, and it isn't on Chevy's website yet. Does anyone know what they are supposed to sticker at?

Chevrolet today unveiled the new 2008 HHR SS at the Woodward Dream Cruise. The 2008 Chevrolet HHR SS is powered by a 2.0 liter Ecotec turbocharged, intercooled engine that produces 260 horsepower and is matted with a 5-speed transmission with enhanced shifter feel.

The Chevrolet HHR SS was developed by GM Performance Division along with a team of engineers and designers that are dedicated nothing but high-performance vehicles. With a manual transmission the 2008 HHR SS has a Nürburgring-tuned FE5 sport suspension that delivers 0.86 g grip.

The HHR SS hits dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2007.

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
FWIW, I am in lots of HHR calibration cars and really like them. Also, the turbo solstice I drive once in awhile can get mid-30's at highway speeds.

IMHO, I love how the panel van hhr looks.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW, I am in lots of HHR calibration cars and really like them. Also, the turbo solstice I drive once in awhile can get mid-30's at highway speeds.

IMHO, I love how the panel van hhr looks.
I want the panel version, and the local Mexican restaurant bought one for deliveries, I talked to the owner last week... He loves it.

I was looking at a Turbo Skye... but If I had a passenger I couldn't even fit a briefcase or luggage in the trunk :(

·
hoo dat. wat.
21,594 Posts
I want the panel version, and the local Mexican restaurant bought one for deliveries, I talked to the owner last week... He loves it.

I was looking at a Turbo Skye... but If I had a passenger I couldn't even fit a briefcase or luggage in the trunk :(
You could fit a few duffel bags back there - if the top was up. :sonicjay: With the top down, you could probably fit a few tube socks filled with the bare essentials... :d:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I was under the impression the SS was only available in Europe tuned for the autobahn. 130mph max speed.

·
Cadillac pimpin
3,632 Posts
The girls parents have a couple Soltices at their house in Florida and I had to drive it a couple times. I felt like the fucking bear riding a go cart at the circus.

I'm 6'2,but I felt like Andre the Giant in that thing. I was clausterphobic as hell, praying nobody hit me. No way in hell I would ever buy one of those.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The girls parents have a couple Soltices at their house in Florida and I had to drive it a couple times. I felt like the fucking bear riding a go cart at the circus.

I'm 6'2,but I felt like Andre the Giant in that thing. I was clausterphobic as hell, praying nobody hit me. No way in hell I would ever buy one of those.
I have sat in them, I am 6'1" and really like them. Just not real practical for me :(

Reminded me of the old Fiero in size, but I couldn't drive and compare because they want 1k deposit just to go for a test drive in a Skye.

·
Glad I'm not Gay J. Hall!
3,090 Posts
my wife really liked the 2 tone ones they had at youngs, especially the black and green one. don't know a lot about them other then they look better then the pt cruiser!

·
End nerd persecution
2,248 Posts
Hhr

It's also a safe vehicle..... 5 star frontal crash rated......Take my word for it I designed the airbags! :thumb:

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
IMO, the panel version is the way to go. updated conveniences, packaged in old school appearance.
2 seater only, no way you could even haul other passengers if needed. The guy that owns the restaurant let me look all through it (we are regulars).

The entire back of it has been factory converted into a slightly raised organizing system built into the floor.

·
81 inches of fun
14,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get some credit and it won't be a problem. Exactly how the gay dealerships where in Houston, wanted a down payment to test drive :stan: Oh and HHR = the gayness even if the panel style does look decent
I have over 750 credit score :stan:

I think they thought I just wanted to go hot rod it... they didn't even do a credit check. -- it is the first car I have been denied the opportunity to drive (without any checks, cash up front).

·
Support the Sport!
2,015 Posts
HHR = **** Hot Rod :tonka:

j/k
:poke:
I was just going to type the same thing..... but I do like the panel ones and if I was in the market for a new car, it'd be on the list for test drives.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts