Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Ive been having trouble with the transmission in my 2007 NBS Silverado 1500. It bangs into gear, it doesn't matter if I drive slowly or quickly. It does it at complete random. I have changed the fluid and filter in hopes of this fixing the problem but no luck. Any help appreciated, Thank you

·
bdd
2,385 Posts
Is it a six speed? One of our parts reps just came in yesterday with a flyer for some new dorman valve body parts or solonoids for silverado/sierra . If dorman is making a part, it is a common problem. Don't know if it is for your problem but you might want to google it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, its the 4 speed. I googled it but I am not exactly sure, I think its either a valve body issue, boost valve problem or maybe torque converter?

·
circling the drain
35,863 Posts
Is it a six speed? One of our parts reps just came in yesterday with a flyer for some new dorman valve body parts or solonoids for silverado/sierra . If dorman is making a part, it is a common problem. Don't know if it is for your problem but you might want to google it.
No, the 6 speed didn't go into trucks until 2009.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Might be a sticking boost valve. Hook up a gage to the port on the left side of the trans above the shift mechanism and see what line pressures are running.

·
Because racecar
4,041 Posts
It needs to be scanned for codes, then check live data. It could be lots of things, bad nsbu switch, bad epc, tps, worn tcc regulator valve, may need a software update ect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts