Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mmmmm Beeeer...
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 F250 that has started to clunk under braking. Feels like it is coming from right under my foot on drivers side. Any one ever come across this...

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
had to replace em on my 99

easy and cheap to do

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Yeah mine pops and clunks a little when unloading side to side at low speed. Feels like it is right under my feet. Thought that it might be a spring bushing but sounds like Bones may have diagnosed it better.

Does yours pull or pulse when braking as well? The lower pins on my calipers were rust and frozen when I pulled it apart a few months ago.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
Yeah mine pops and clunks a little when unloading side to side at low speed. Feels like it is right under my feet. Thought that it might be a spring bushing but sounds like Bones may have diagnosed it better.

Does yours pull or pulse when braking as well? The lower pins on my calipers were rust and frozen when I pulled it apart a few months ago.
well, when the sway bar bushings go bad, it will feel like there is a midget under there hammering on the floor.

My truck still has a cluck under the drivers seat, and I think it is the track bar bushing. I'm hoping not to have to touch that one until it is warm out, but it might be a spring bushing... it's hard to tell

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
sounds like track bar or sway bar bushings, if you change the sway bar end links make sure to change the ones on the sway bar to frame also. it is common on the Fords!

·
Fullsize support vehicle
1,377 Posts
Got two excursions and both needed swaybar bushings. Very common prob.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.