Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my 2001 XJ with 135K miles, asking $4000 OBO, and located in Flushing, MI. Don't let the license plate concern you, I go to college in Flint but am from NY. I'm selling it because I now have three vehicles and really don't need this one anymore. I bought this stock in December 2013 from the original owner who had it in Virginia. It was supposed to be my DD, but it quickly turned into another toy. I've built this into a very capable XJ, but one that is still comfortable and reliable. I frequently drive 600 miles round trip home to Buffalo, and it's served me very well. It has power locks and windows, cruise control, the AW4 automatic transmission, NP231 (part time 4WD) transfer case, and factory tow package. Below is a list of modifications and recent maintenance:

Modifications:
Rubicon Express 3.5" (nets ~4.5") lift
Bilstein shocks
Rubicon Express adjustable lower control arms
Sway bar clevis pin disconnects
Rugged Ridge double sheer track bar
Drop pitman arm
Advanced Adapters Slip Yoke Eliminator
Adam's rear driveshaft
Front driveshaft was rebuilt with all Moog yokes and centering ball, and Spicer greasable u-joints
Original Dana 35 rear axle was swapped for a Chrysler 8.25 with a Solid diff cover and Lube Locker gasket
31"x10.5" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs with ~12k miles
Flowmaster 40 muffler
CSF 3-core radiator
Injectors were upgraded to a 4-hole vs the OEM 1-hole injector but with matching flow rates, I got noticeably better mileage and throttle response
Putco headlight harness and Hella H4 housings and bulbs
JVC head unit
Interior lights are all white LED's, the instrument cluster lights are green LED's, and the HVAC controls are LED's that match the original colors
Custom rock sliders

Maintenance:
Cylinder head had the cracking defect and was replaced with the revised 0331 (TUPY) head along with the head, valve cover, intake and exhaust gaskets
5k miles on brake rotors and pads
Calipers have been replaced
Water pump and t-stat have been replaced
Front driver side floor pan was replaced
New plugs last summer
Both front axle stub shafts have been replaced

Issues:
The driver door harness is wacky, so the rear windows sporadically don't work. The uni-body is very clean and straight (I didn't snap a single bolt when I lifted it), but the driver side fender and very bottoms of a couple doors are rusting. The fender is the worst spot as you can see, the doors are still sound though. There's a bit of surface rust in the top edge of the rockers, but it doesn't give at all when pushed with a screwdriver. Otherwise, it drives great and does well over the speed limit perfectly fine.

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top