Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
$1,500 or trades welcome !

2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2 door, 4 wheel drive.

It took a hard hit in the passengers side.
The 4.0 L motor runs perfect and the auto-trans shifts good.
The 4wd works great, Tires are fair.
The drivers side is good, good rear hatch and bumper.
It has black and grey leather seats, and a sunroof .
The windsheild is cracked (on lower pass side -Clear through drivers view ) and pass side door glass broken.

The milage is high (177,000) but motor runs perfect with no leaks.

Price is $1,500 , I will include a complete replacement door and fender to go with. ( green in color )

** Door and fender are now installed !! ** sorry no pics .

This Explorer drives fine and would make a great winter ride, if someone wanted to fix the door. ( drafty without the glass )

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you still have the explorer??
you said that you will include the door and fender does the door have glass?
Yes I still have it...( It only got posted a couple hrs ago...:teehee: )

Yes I will include a complete door... matching -power widow,& lock option and it does have glass and the inner door panel as well...

And I will also include a front fender also...:thumb:

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Why not just fix it and sell it for more? I'm sure you could probably get more for it if it were fixed(even with mismatched fender/door.)

Does it have a salvage title?

·
Registered
56 Posts
how bad is the current door can it be pulled enough to get a new glass in it? im looking for a snow beater and dont really wont to pull the pillar.

·
Insert Comment Here.
4,857 Posts
brian, can you get some interior pics for me? thanks alot.
also is the frame itself bent at all? in the pictures it looks rather cockeyed, maybe thats the angle or what have you
-chris

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Center console is broken (loose) & both airbags deployed of course

The Frame from what I can tell is fine..it drives down the highway at 60-70 just fine, and a friend traveled behind me and said very little -to- no Dog tracking was noticed..( steering wheel IS alittle off to the left however. )

I should be able to get pics on sat if it is still available by then...I do have it listed for sale locally also..and there seams to be alot of interest. :chauncy:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i retract my previous $1000 offer..didnt know both airbags were doployed that is like $1500 right there and the vehicle only worth $2500 maybe you should have listed that they are deployed in the original post..thats a pretty major deal.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for not disclosing the airbag issue sooner, But I did just post it a few day's ago..so somethings are still coming to mind....:fish:

Dont worrie about it, there are plenty of locals interested,

1 guy has to ask his wife first :teehee:
The others are waiting on there tax returns...ect :chauncy:

This would make a great trail rig if nothing else...:rock:

·
Insert Comment Here.
4,857 Posts
my thoughts exactly, its coming down to the wire, and would love to have it built up for me at Koz or JCR while i am away
when i get my obama money and if its still around i will definitely take it off your hands

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Ok..update

I removed the smashed door and dented fender yesturday...

I Have installed new "Green" door and fender ( door hanges alittle and needs to be lifted up to shut good ) .

Price is now going to be $1,500 firm .

I will take some pics on sat .. That is if anyone is actually even interested ??????

1 - 20 of 45 Posts