Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XJ Fanatic
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, have posted this already on NAXJA, but not getting very many responses, my '00 XJ got an engine swap from another 2000 4.0, known good engine, will not start now, positive all plugs are hooked up, good fuel, no spark at all, tested w/spark tester, jumper wires, against cleaned block, nothing, cam sensor has been swapped, crank sensor is new, getting power to it, and signal from it, has a brand new battery in it, the odometer reads NO BUS after about 3 seconds, have tried new spark plugs, 02 sensors are hooked up, have to put in neutral to crank, my uncle who has it at his auto shop says the PO installed or had installed an aftermarket alarm that was removed, he thinks it is with that or some sort of security problem, his Co-Owner says the engine is not communicating with the computer, we have swapped PCM's from two known good '00 XJ's, still nothing.

Any advise is good advice! I would like to drive this jeep as my DD(I'm 16), I already have a '98 XJ on 31's, 3 inch, and do all the work on both, except now my '00 is at my uncles shop because it just has me flustered, so I would say I am pretty knowledgeable on Cherokee's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts