Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2000 ford f350 crew cab lariat 4x4 powerstroke auto 161K. HD trans 30k ago with aux. filter and temp gauge. The interior has tan leather and the front seats look like new the rear are nice except for one small tear on bottom of rear seat, can be fixed for cheap. I bought this thinking the tapping noise was an injector, I put a new injector in and still has the noise and slight miss. I had a contribution test done and nothing in #8, either rings or piston but probally rings because oil stays same level. I bought a shortblock that I know ran fine, and is in good shape but it had almost 200k so I also bought an overhaul that has all gaskets rings and bearings, I think powerstrokes are only good for 300k and wanted to have a overhauled motor if I was going through the trouble of a swap. So everthing is there to have it running great just takes time. It runs and drives fine now just makes a tapping noise when warm. The truck has a gooseneck rail, airbags and a brake controller.
The body needs some work, there is a dent in the drivers side door, it is just the skin and did not get into the rocker, the bed should be replaced, the dually fenders are fine but the last owner did not hook up the 5th wheel trailer and it put a dent on top of the bed rail on both sides. It also will need a paint job.
Everything works cold AC and you can drive it home to fix, If you have time and a buddy a That can do a little body work you can get this at about half the price of a fixed one. I am working to much and think I will just buy a KJ rubi and spend some time with the family, if it doesnt sell it will be a good winter project, I have much more than $8000 into it and am firm on the price.
Located in blissfield MI 49228 can get some pics if wanted Thanks Shane any questions please call 1-517-403-5569

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will consider trades , I have had some nice jeep offers that I would have liked to have but I have a built TJ money pit and the wife isnt going for another toy. What have you?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry looking for something fuel efficient or a smaller truck/suv as a pratial trade, Thanks Shane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts