Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
broken
5,093 Posts
i finished my swap today but i'm leaking antifreeze out of the hard pipe that comes out under the water pump and goes into the fire wall. what is this called? how shitty is it to fix exc.... thanks
aron

2.5 5 speed 98 tj

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it starts as a hard pipe and goes to rubber as it goes to the firewall.

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's leakin as it comes out of the block tho:( forgot to say that

·
Its tough out there.
2,754 Posts
are you talking about the elbow tube that comes off the water pump and goes up to beside the valve couver and ac compressor?
this one on the left of pict?

if its leaking from the block maybe water pump, or thurmistat housing? its not leaking from the side is it?
picts would help.

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you talking about the elbow tube that comes off the water pump and goes up to beside the valve couver and ac compressor?
this one on the left of pict?

if its leaking from the block maybe water pump, or thurmistat housing? its not leaking from the side is it?
picts would help.
yup thats the one. it was cracked right above the fitting that goes in to the block so i just blocked it and the hose for now . will this be a problem? just intill i order the part.
thanks aron

·
Fucking Zen as Shit
16,148 Posts
yup thats the one. it was cracked right above the fitting that goes in to the block so i just blocked it and the hose for now . will this be a problem? just intill i order the part.
thanks aron
UNTIL

I would get it replaced as soon as you can.
While your not using the heat right now the cooling system still relies
on the coolant circulating through there and back into the block.

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UNTIL

I would get it replaced as soon as you can.
While your not using the heat right now the cooling system still relies
on the coolant circulating through there and back into the block.
thanks. auto zone and murries said it was a jeep dealer part and they were closed allready. is that why the temp gauge didn't go over 110?

·
Its tough out there.
2,754 Posts
thanks. auto zone and murries said it was a jeep dealer part and they were closed allready. is that why the temp gauge didn't go over 110?

did you get my pm about the part?

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
got it fixed today thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
got it fixed today thanks for the help.
Good to hear, but please don't edit the title of your thread to delete what it is about- people (well, at least me, anyway) actually seach the threads for info, and maybe this one can help someone else looking for similar info.

Thanks. :thumb:

·
broken
5,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good to hear, but please don't edit the title of your thread to delete what it is about- people (well, at least me, anyway) actually seach the threads for info, and maybe this one can help someone else looking for similar info.

Thanks. :thumb:
i do the same :sonicjay: i should have thought of that.:beer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts