Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 20 of 1055 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's some specs for anyone interested.....

6.0 LQ4- cammed, headers, Texas Speed heads (225 as-cast). should be in the 450hp+ range (dyno'd 362 with 35s on a dynojet)

th350- deeper first gear swapped

atlas 3.8

D60/14- 5.38s, lockright/spool. 14 bolt has 1541h Yukon shafts and D60 is 10 factory 35 spline with 300m joints. drive flanges, reid knuckles

42" SXIIs on H1s with rock rings

winters shifter

fox 2.5 co's

corbeau seats with 5 pts

psc full hydro

I'm sure there's more, but that's most of the important stuff.

----------

little backstory for anyone who cares....

bought my s10 zr2 brand new in 2000. slowly built it (one of my best friends did all the work) into a very capable rock crawler. all the above parts were on the s10 and are now going into this build.

had a little mishap while wheelin a month ago (fathers day of all days
) and took a violent tumble downhill. it was an end over end twice and barrel roll once. truck was pretty well trashed and at that point it didn't make sense to buy another s10 cab and transfer everything over.

did a ton of research and ended up asking PJ to do a turn key build for me using all the parts I could send him and whatever else we needed. he was super easy to talk to and given his reputation and how his work speaks for itself, it was a no-brainer to ask for his help.

should be interesting to see how he does the front end for me since I asked that he keep a strong bowtie influence since I've been wheelin the s10 for about 14 years now.

so here we are

PJ seems like a great guy and very easy to work with. we have some cool ideas for this so we'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
not too far from a roller

now John doesn't have to stalk the thread on Pirate :sonicjay:

and someone please find a buyer for my trailer setup so I can get an enclosed and have some extra $ for the build :naughty:

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
hells yea! so did you just go drop off all your drivetrain parts to him and going full roller ? or you having him do the whole thing. man that looks like its gonna be one very tight 4 seater.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hells yea! so did you just go drop off all your drivetrain parts to him and going full roller ? or you having him do the whole thing. man that looks like its gonna be one very tight 4 seater.

thanks. friend of mine helped with the shipping so it didn't kill me to ship everything there. if my wallet can handle it, it'll be a turnkey buggy.

hoping to see it ready by nov/dec. I'll go there to pick it up, wheel with him a day to test it out/make sure everything is to my liking, and come home with it :thumb:

·
missmrgreenagain
21,342 Posts
Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
circling the drain
35,864 Posts
This should be a good build to follow. I already think the chassis looks very good. I know my opinion is what you were waiting for to finish the build, so please, carry on. :teehee::thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This should be a good build to follow. I already think the chassis looks very good. I know my opinion is what you were waiting for to finish the build, so please, carry on. :teehee::thumb::thumb::thumb:

thank god!! now we can move forward! :finger: :beer:

thanks for the compliment.

for those interested, I will try to post all the info as I figure out which way to go, but we will be doing some sort of fire suppression system in it. just way too many rigs burning to the ground and I want to do what I can to not only protect a huge investment, but keep all the occupants safe as well.

kinda thinking 2-3 nozzles under the hood and one at the fuel cell. looking at stuff like this maybe

·
I'm not old, honest...
30,097 Posts
Very nice. I'll swap out a Jeep emblem on it when you aren't looking. :d:

I came close to ditching the jeep a couple years ago and going with a 4 seater.

1 - 20 of 1055 Posts