Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The silly thing won't start even when plugged in. So, hubby's truck isn't so reliable right now and he's having to drive mine which leaves me to drive the old reliable TJ. Poor me.

Anyway, anyone have any ideas? It's has a newer battery. He plugs it in and we still have an issue.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
Battery or batteries? Is it cranking and not starting or just not cranking?

·
Registered
9 Posts
if 1 new battery the other is bad also, need 2 good batteries to start the powerstroke, use 2 sets of cables and it should fire.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. Sorry - yep 2 new batteries within a year. We took care of that already.

·
Sore and Tired 24/7
13,054 Posts
So is it cranking slow, not cranking, cranking good then suddenly stopping, cranking good but not starting? Need a little more info to help ya.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another question. Anyone know where we can download a schematic of the electrical system?
I often think this thing is possessed.

·
skillicous
12,844 Posts
if you give us more info, we might be able to help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok so this thread is pretty pointless without any good info on your concern. id knock out my service advisor if they gave me this kind of info on a repair. i have a 99 powerstroke and id be suspect of glow plugs, glow plug relay fuel pump starter clogged fuel filter gelled fuel ect

·
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
15,016 Posts
with my 02 Powerstroke it got to a point where even plugged in it would not start, no matter how longed i cranked. After some research i tested the glow plug relay. To test, with 1 jumper cable, put it on the first relay after the fuel filter bowl, on the left and right terminals of that relay. Turn to the start position and wait like 20-30 seconds. If it fires right up its the glow plug relay. If not i have no other advice:sonicjay:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts