Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This pains me....1998 gc 5.9 limited available. Vehicle is all original, original owner was in the air force and moved from base to base. Have original window sticker and some other documentation.
Bought with excellent intentions but other priorities have surfaced the last couple years.

1998 jeep grand cherokee 5.9 limited
Roughly 180k on the odometer
Deep slate metallic exterior
Black leather with wood grain trim interior
Vehicle does start, run, stop. Daily driven for two summers by me (2017 and 18), otherwise stored inside.
Interior does show age, seats are in great condition as is most trim. One door panel removed by p.o for linkage issues. Headliner sagging and ripped, leather steering wheel ripped at 12 o'clock. Typical issues, but everything is there and original. Even original radio and spare tire cover.
Body is in pretty good shape, shows very well. Rust under passengers front door bottom, drivers rear, rear hatch and front of original 5.9 vented hood. Dent in passengers fender where door seam made contact. Not sure why or how, door opens and closes no issues now. Scrape down drivers front bumper but repairable.
Original sun roof does not seem to leak, does function for most part. Can be stubborn at times. Original wheels are in good shape with minimal issues. Tires are dry and over 10 yrs old. Need replaced
Motors runs great, tons of power for what it is. Trans can be soft at first start up but hooks up and locks great. Will squeal the tires when asked to do so. Vehicle is still awd, the vc can be a little stiff at times. Most of these issues arose after I stopped driving it. ALL fluids replaced when I took ownership. Very nice b&m deep trans pan installed when trans drained and filled.

I purchased this vehicle in 2017 with intentions of a restoration and modification along the lines of a sleeper. Always wanted one since seeing one in Peterson's 4x4 as a child. Vehicle is much more fun than any other jeep suv I own. I do not particularly want to sell, but eying a duramax zr2. Want to see this go to a good home, Please to not inquire for a child's 1st vehicle or a winter beater. I would much rather it sit here unused. Vehicle is rather costly to operate with 14mpg COMBINED and REQUIRED premium fuel for the motor to run, fyi.

If interested I can be contacted here or at 7344748192. Poor pictures, but more can be taken and sent. Asking 2.5k obo
I have access to a spare 5.9 and 46re out of a scrapped 5.9 limited, as well as 23 spline 231 t case w/sye and Novak shifter. Have a set of heads off a mopar 5.9 magnum crate motor, and 3 of 4 doors with guts and exterior trim but rusty on bottom edges.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts