Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
No brains, No headache
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed out the ignition switch in my blazer because the old one crapped out on me but now I have more problems. I have no power to the radio, blower motor, overhead display, reading lights, power windows, or windshield wipers.

I put the first new ignition switch in and it caught fire while I was driving so, after I put out the little fire, the ABS light had come on so I took the part back and got a new one that so far hasn't caught on fire. But now since I put the new switch back in I have all of the problems from above along with the ABS light still being on. I have checked all of the fuses in the drivers side panel in the cabin with no luck and I have disassembled the dash and took out and put back in the switch again and again along with looking for undone or loose connections.

I have read that there is a relay box under the hood on the wheel well on later model S-10's but the '97s didn't come with that box. I'm stuck on what to look for or where to go from here so if anyone has any idea of what to look for or replace at this point I'm open for all suggestions, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,238 Posts
There should be some fuseable links near the underhood junction block, if you have a fire causing short there is a good chance you smoked a fuseable link.

You can get replacement fuseable link wire @ most part stores but you need to find the short first before you have a fire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts