Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
We have had a bunch of repeat breakages that have tied up the tool room and equipment back there, but I did manage to get the intensifier pistons cut down .098 so I should now have 160cc injectors.

Or I scrapped them lol.

It's worth the 250 dollar gamble to save 1400.
Motor vehicle Material property Gas Automotive design Machine

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
I'm going to go ahead and spam up my own post with some repeats to show how far we've come here,

The part of the build where we go from, "You should scrap that you're stupid" to "OMG looks amazing how" is a fun part :)

All the blasting and coating is done through my personal business GunnMetal Customs

I'll be powder coating the valve covers and turbo outlet shortly.

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Wood Vehicle

Wood Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Metal Auto part

Wood Beige Hardwood Flooring Font
Wood Road surface Plant Asphalt Snout

Photograph White Azure Bicycle part Font

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Asphalt

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
I don't think I've ever seen a manifold that rusted. Looks like it was washed daily with road chloride.
The head is the part that rusted through lol.

Apparently it's a thing on Powerstrokes. Typically I would just slap this all back together and call it good for twenty more years, but it's a good opportunity.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
Powder for valve covers showed up, hopefully in between other projects can get them coated this weekend, or next. I'm also swapping my C10 to Holley EFI and have a 6.0 to wire an

I have the turbo rebuild kit on the way as well, need to get the EBPV plugged and new orings and I hope to get the cab set on mounts by Oct 1
Automotive tire Material property Font Audio equipment Tread

161 - 180 of 187 Posts