Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Gantry worked awesome, winch, not so much, brake didn't really hold it.

I did the winch because it was only 70 bucks and I thought I was being clever, but I guess I'll have to do a chainfall after all.
Tire Plant Wheel Sky Car
Sky Plant Cloud Motor vehicle Tree
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Car
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
New to me cylinder head is ready to party pending the manifold being milled and ceramic coated.

I've figured out the difference between my stock 90cc injectors and a 160cc injector is a part called the intensifier piston, the 160cc injectors piston is 2.5mm shorter than the 90.

So I intend to pull the other side injectors, break them all down, surface grind the pistons .098 and replace the orings and whatnot.

For the most part though, this is going on hiatus while I build my lean to on my shop so I can have that done before winter.

Plant Sky Asphalt Road surface Tree
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas
Plant Sky Wheel Road surface Asphalt
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Tire
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive design

·
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
1988 YJ
6,301 Posts
I HATE THAT DAMN FUEL PUMP AND THOSE STUPID LINES WITH HOSE CLAMPS!!!!!! They never want to seal. I'd do E fuel just to get ride of that mess. Progress is looking awesome! Do the bigger CC injectors require a SD 7.3 injection pump? I think OBS was 15* while the SD is 17*? When I looked at injectors long ago, people stated you could not run SD injectors on an OBS pump.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
I HATE THAT DAMN FUEL PUMP AND THOSE STUPID LINES WITH HOSE CLAMPS!!!!!! They never want to seal. I'd do E fuel just to get ride of that mess. Progress is looking awesome! Do the bigger CC injectors require a SD 7.3 injection pump? I think OBS was 15* while the SD is 17*? When I looked at injectors long ago, people stated you could not run SD injectors on an OBS pump.
I don't believe they do.

I figured this out by looking up a ton of part numbers for various International T444E applications, found one that was listed as "High Torque", has AC code injectors to my AA codes.

They sell these AC code injectors as a hot rod upgrade part, so I looked at the differences and only came up with that intensifier piston. Same diameter, same ID and OD, different length. Old as forum posts indicate people were making them back in like 04, before they decided they had to go with FORUM SPONSOR or die.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Another note on the Efuel deal is I'm not real sure why diesel guys use those 5' tall filters that hang down to the ground either, but on a work/camping truck, that set up doesn't work for me.

Then again idk why they do a lot of the shit they do other than someone else did and the forums told them to.

A roof over your head for the winter would be great. Maybe a little warmth too?
In terms of the lean to, this truck isn't even going to go in it lol, just my C10 and 4runner. Part of it will be for parts storage on some pallet racks, the rear section will be for sand blasting.

I have an oil burner to finish for inside the shop, the shop is not for vehicles though.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Another note on the Efuel deal is I'm not real sure why diesel guys use those 5' tall filters that hang down to the ground either, but on a work/camping truck, that set up doesn't work for me.

Then again idk why they do a lot of the shit they do other than someone else did and the forums told them to.

In terms of the lean to, this truck isn't even going to go in it lol, just my C10 and 4runner. Part of it will be for parts storage on some pallet racks, the rear section will be for sand blasting.

I have an oil burner to finish for inside the shop, the shop is not for vehicles though.
How do you like the oil burner? Does it keep the chill off pretty good when it's -10 outside?

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I haven't built my big one yet, the simple gravity feed one I did in my home garage had no issues at all warming the garage by 50 degrees or more.

This one I'll do as a forced air and should be able to get it up to 900 or so.

141 - 160 of 187 Posts