Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Was going to powerwash the grease and grime last weekend, but came home Friday to find out the tenant next door had a camper pulled up right on top of the frame where they were cooking Ramen and enjoying the summer... Which I wouldnt have even minded, but they told literally no one, me, my wife, my father in law who is still their landlord... So I spent the weekend wiring my Toyota instead.

I would have liked to fire up the powerwasher anyway out of spite... But since it was for a 16 year old girls birthday party, I'm not willing to punish a child for the stupid decisions her parents make.

This coming weekend I have a friend coming over to grade the area behind the shop for a lean to, then I can gather my trash (treasures) behind the shop and go back to work on the truck.
Wheel Sky Plant Tire Plant community

Plant Property Tire Wheel Tree

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
First layer of grease and BS powerwashed off last night, will give it another go round tonight, then blast and paint I hope Friday.

I have some equipment coming in Friday and Saturday to grade and level the area behind it, so I'm hoping, but unlikely, to get the cab at least placed onto the frame while it's here. Not in the final spot, but to where I can lift it with my gantry and move it around if need be.
Wood Grass Air gun Saw Shotgun

Plant Wood Outdoor furniture Bumper Outdoor bench

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Got the trans and transfer case up onto the back of the truck where I'm going to rebuild it, degreased and washed the frame for a second time, took inner fenders out.

I'll paint the under cab area of the frame tonight, and we might actually see the cab set on the frame, back a bit so I can still work on the engine this weekend if this grader dude comes through.

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Wheel Tree Wood Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
looking good. been watching the YT vids too. Make them longer!
Well thank you! Hard to stay motivated to film while I'm doing the projects lol. I actually have some vids to put together over the holiday, my views go way down in the summer because most of my subscribers are outside like me lol.

I'll be spraying the color on it tonight, stupid shortages, they only have flat black, but whatever, never see it again once I drop the cab on and coat it all in oil and wax anyway lol.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Happy 7.3 day!

Frame is painted for under the cab, and transfer case is removed from transmission.

I'll either find hard parts laying in the pan, or loose center support bolts here.
Land vehicle Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
is that rustoleum rusty metal primer and flat black? did you shoot it out of a gun, spray bomb or brush/roller?
Yes, I spray it with HLVP, but only for speed, goes on thicker if you brush it.

Had to do brakes on the Jeep today and figure out why the Toyota went DOA at the gas station yesterday, once that was all squared away I went back to this project and tore into the trans to find out I was totally wrong, and theres nothing obviously wrong or failed in it, but it definitely only had reverse lol.

It's been rebuilt before, a ton of signs exist, like one pump bolt being weird and wrong, has an earlier piston and drum rather than the molded setup it should have. It's likely a Jasper/Oreily's/Bulk BS unit.

So I guess I'll just count on me reassembling it to unscrew whatever was screwed up. I already have new clutches, steels, etc in a kit, I'll get the hard parts back up to what they should be and put it back together with a few simple extras and send it.

I also got the lean to area graded.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Tread

Sky Building Ecoregion Cloud Plant

81 - 100 of 123 Posts